Messaging help

pockethero

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I'm new here and just recently started using a Moto X 2nd gen. I've come from and iPhone 5s. So I have a problem with my group messages specifically. I've turned off imessage on both my iPad and iphone. I've also asked an apple service rep to manually deregister my phone number from their imessage service and they said it was completed.

Initially, individual messages didn't work for me in either hangouts or messaging app. However, after about 12 hours individual people were able to text me and I was able to text back.

However, I specifically have a problem with group messaging. If I start a group message with either all iPhone friends/family or even just one iphone user mixed in then I can only see one person's responses and I can't see others. However, if I text then individually, I can both reply and see their responses. So that works as normal.

Also, while in group messages, I'm receiving individual responses in separate windows. I'm also receving my own text I sent to in the group as an individual thread as well (like I'm texting myself), which is annoying.

I love the Moto X and this is making me hate apple even more. However, it brings up a quandry to me because most of my close friends use iphones which makes me want to switch back for convenience sake. Yet, I also don't want to just give in on principle.

Anyway, if you have had this problem and have solved this, or if anyone else knows what I should do, please let me know. Thanks!

By the way, I use Hangouts for my SMS service, have threaded view checked as well as group messaging checked. I'm on the latest version if hangouts.

Matt

rsp35

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I use Textra for my sms and mms needs. It works pretty well for group messages with iPhone users. Just make sure to check off group messaging when setting up. Hope this helps!