Android System/Android OS killing my batteries

UN4GTBL

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

For the past few weeks now I've been struggling with a severe problem on my Nexus 5 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S with regards to the battery life.

Android System or Android OS is keeping my devices awake for some unknown reason. I tried installing "Wakelock Detector-Save Battery" but since my devices are both stock and not rooted, it wasn't particularly helpful, other than telling me that the devices are not going to sleep properly.

For example: this morning I unplugged my Tab S at 100%, placed it in my bag and went to work. I just pulled it out of my bag, and it's at 90% battery left after sitting in my bag not being used for over 4 hours. It never used to do that, it might be 98% or at the worst 97% prior to this.

Screenshots:

My Nexus 5 is even worse, and is actually making me strongly dislike the phone. Here are some screenshots from it too:

Is there anything that can be done other than wait for the Android L release & eventual roll-out? I've tried the whole "don't use wifi for a day" and "turn off location settings" but none of those things seem to make much difference.

UN4GTBL

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Rebooting hasn't shown any measurable improvement for either device.

I have done the "settings-> Storage-> Cached data-> Clear cached data" process on my NExus 5 and I think it helps for a bit, but then goes back to being a problem again.

I will try a "proper" cache wiping on it now. Hopefully that will help.