going from one droid to another and sd card

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
currently have a Note 3. with a 64gb sd card. if i were to get a HTC One M8, what is the best process of installing programs on to the M8? Do i put the sd card in and then install programs? I just don't want to lose anything on my card. Pics, files, etc. I currently store my camera pics there, music, ......

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, the best process of re-installing apps is just that, re-installing apps (losing progress and game saves, unfortunately). Most apps these days, however, support cloud saves.

There are apps like Titanium Backup that allow you to back up your apps and progress, but I strongly advise against using these because errors can occur, especially if you're moving an app to different hardware.

Everything you store on your SD card,however, like files, documents, pictures, music, videos, etc. is safe and can be transferred without hassle (just make sure that your data IS stored in the SD Card).

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You could also use Verizon Content Transfer in the Playstore. It is a subset of Verizon's Cloud app that allows Wi-Fi to Wi-Fi transfer 'From' 'To' one Android to another. It does not transfer apps. Playstore keeps up with your apps you have downloaded when you use the same Gmail the new phone. Open the Playstore, select top left, select My Apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2