Hi,
    I'm new to Android, coming from iOS.
    I have a Sony Xperia Z3 with 4.4.4
    I've looked for an answer to this without success.
    I don't have Internet access at home, but I have a local wifi network I use for streaming media and sharing between devices.
    I need to be able to use LTE for data while being connected to my local network.
    (As an example: I sometimes stream pandora radio from my phone to my stereo)
    This works in iOS 8,but on my new Sony it doesn't. Once I log into my wifi, it seems to "forget" that I have cellular internet access and just tells me I'm not connected.
    Is there a (relatively painless) way to get this to work?
    Thanks!
    Ryan
    10-09-2014 03:45 PM
    If you long-press on the WiFi button you should be able to access Advanced WiFi options. In there, try activating the Auto Network Switch option. Now, I'm not sure if this will effectively disconnect you from WiFi if it detects there's no valid data connection, but it's worth a shot.
    10-09-2014 04:23 PM
    Thanks
    Do you mean the "Auto IP Support" toggle?
    10-09-2014 04:35 PM
    No, I don't think that's the option I meant... I don't own an Xperia but the options should be similar, if not the exact wording. It should read something like auto network switching or automatic handover or something like that.
    10-09-2014 06:23 PM
    Thanks again!
    No settings for network switching or handover that I can see. I've tried pretty much every wifi setting configuration, but nothing gets it to work the way I want it to. If I'm connected to any wifi network, I can't access cellular data.
    10-12-2014 01:19 PM
    I'm also interested in doing this in Android. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and Connect. My data comes from my data plan, the wifi network is local only for connecting devices.

I want to use 4g-lte while on my chromcast local network.

Thanks
    02-19-2015 11:39 PM
    I'm also interested in doing this in Android. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and Connect. My data comes from my data plan, the wifi network is local only for connecting devices.

I want to use 4g-lte while on my chromcast local network.

Thanks
    I stumbled upon this and Smart Network Switch seems to work . I am using Wifi only to cast my phone onto my TV locally and unlimited data through my cell plan. The trick is to turn on smart network switch AFTER connecting your phone to wifi and then to your TV
    tys likes this.
    12-01-2016 06:35 AM
    sorry to bring up this but I have the same problem and still can't connect to my mobile data while connected to a wifi network without internet connection... anyone has a solution for that?
    10-16-2017 04:56 AM
    Ugh, still nothing? There's got to be a way to force this to happen somehow.. Smart Network Switch sounded promising, but all that does is automatically disable the wifi connection when it sees that it has no internet through it. What genius decided they have to be mutually exclusive? There are so many security reasons that was a dumb idea...
    02-13-2018 04:23 PM