How to block/allow apps from using Bluetooth Media Audio?

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Call me crazy, but for certain Bluetooth devices, I would prefer that not ALL of my "media" audio being played on the Bluetooth device, and would rather it play on the phone.

For example, when I pair my phone to a Moto Stream, effectively the only sound that comes through my phone is when the phone rings. I am using a 2014 Moto X, and the Voice Control features are fabulous. If I'm at home, I like to be paired to my Moto Stream to stream MUSIC. However, if I try to use Voice Control while paired, all of the feedback just plays over the stereo system that the Moto Stream is connected to.

Likewise, when I pair to Bluetooth in the car, and I use Maps, I have to switch to the Bluetooth audio source on the car stereo in order to hear the turn-by-turn navigation instructions instead of them just playing using the phone's speaker so that I can listen to the radio (FM or Satellite) at the same time.

I've noticed that I can uncheck the Bluetooth Media Audio option in settings for a particular Bluetooth device, but that kills what I would want Bluetooth Media Audio for (music streaming only).

So in the same car scenario above, if I want to do Maps and listen to Satellite radio, I'd have to leave the setting unchecked. For my next trip if I want to listen to Google Play, I'd have to turn it back on. It is not ideal to have to swap the setting back and forth all of the time.

To me this is totally ridiculous.

Can I not manage what apps can stream to a particular Bluetooth device?

Am I asking for too much?

Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I completely understand you, and i wish i knew a way

Could be ahead of our times.

I'd like not to mute notifications and ti hear music via Bluetooth speaker and hangouts msg sound on phone

All is needed is like a traffic conductor, to send certain sounds one way and keeping other sounds another way, a director