What happened to my audio/mic when I make calls?

Fatal_Flaw

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
No audio/mic in cell call, but voip works fine

I have an HTC Droid DNA with Verizon. It's almost 2 years old. I set s-off about a year ago, and have root access, but I didn't flash anything. It's worked fine this whole time. Yesterday morning i made a call without issue. Then, in the afternoon, when I tried to make a call, there was no sound during the call. I made no changes and it suffered no damage in between. If I try to make a call. the call connects, the other person gets the call and answers it, but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Same with incoming calls. My phone rings, I answer, but neither of us can hear the other one. I've tried the speaker phone, headset, and bluetooth with the same results. I've also tried making a call through google hangouts, and the sound works just fine.

Checked mute/volume settings. Restarting multiple times didn't fix it. I finally decided the only solution was to wipe everything and reflash a stock rom. I flashed hboot, radio, and then the ROM. Still no audio in cell calls. I'm at a complete loss. Is it possible this is a hardware problem? A problem with some account setting on Verizon's end? Any thoughts our suggestions would be appreciated.

VickiGeeDee

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: No audio/mic in cell call, but voip works fine

Exactly the same issues on and off last couple of months. Any suggestions welcome as its very annoying!