Why won't my BLU 5.0k phone detect computer and USB mass storage mode won't enable?

hungrybear8

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
BLU 5.0k phone won't detect computer and USB mass storage mode won't enable.

Hi all, I have a problem getting my phone to recognize that it's connected to a computer. It is a BLU 5.0k with android 4.4 and a menu is supposed to appear in the notification area when it is attached by USB to a computer, but it does not. I have already tried all the obvious fixes and determined it is a android software problem, It's not my computer, or the cable, or the port on my phone. It always charges fine, and if I play with the "USB debugging" setting, I can sometimes get the phone to connect, but then it doesn't work again if I unplug it and replug it.

A factory reset did not fix the problem. I also cleared the cache in the boot menu, and there is no new update for my phone. It has worked fine in the past without any drivers even after I rooted it, but now it doesn't even show up in device manager. My USB ports are all 2.0, and I've tried different data cables.

I really appreciate any help with this, I'm totally stumped.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: BLU 5.0k phone won't detect computer and USB mass storage mode won't enable.

Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried connecting it to a different computer?

Olivier Falcou

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: BLU 5.0k phone won't detect computer and USB mass storage mode won't enable.

Hi, i had the same problem yesterday, so I'm here to find. Finally, i didn't saw anything like that and i decided to restard my phone, letting him connected with USB, and then : It works !!! I've the menu to choose which type of connexion.... i can see my SD...
Hope it will work with u

hungrybear8

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I found out something interesting. I deleted the contents of the /data/dalvik-cache/ folder on the system partition, then switched the runtime back to dalvik in developer options and rebooted. (Really annoying how the boot menu doesn't have a clear dalvik option.) Now the USB storage works if I boot it plugged into the computer, but not if I plug it in when its on. Weird.

jjavierv

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually it isn't, in my case I opened /data but did not find dalvic/cache. Is there anywhere else where I should look? Do my phone need to be rooted?

Mitch Alan

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Is there any update on this? I have a Blu R1 HD and when connected to my PC via the USB cord, Windows 10 doesn't recognize it. It was working for a bit then something must have gotten corruped on the Blu R1. There is no driver listed on the Blu website, and my PC works fine with other cell phone USB MTPs.

I called up Blu, they don't know anything. I may have to go to a level two over there. Any suggestions? I couldn't find that file listed in the posting above.

Lynn Spencer

Apr 17, 2017
Visit site
Post #5 isn't showing up. Can someone re-post those instructions? I use my phone to take pictures for my job. It doesn't do me any good if I can't transfer the pics to my computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman