Why isn't my wifi and Bluetooth responding after updating to 4.4.4?

xperiaz2

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth not responding after updating to 4.4.4!

Hi

I have been using Sony Xperia Z2 LTE for almost 8 months for now. Everything was working great as standard. But after updating to Kitkat 4.4.4 (23.0.1.A.3.12) my phone Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are not responding. I have followed every steps discussed in Sony website and from forums. Nothing is working. I hardly use different apps so its almost standard condition. Its showing no IP, MAC and Bluetooth address available in system. Checked Data file for wap_mac files but data is empty. When I turn on WiFi or bluetooth they auto shut off after few seconds. I did reboot, master reset, safe mood test, and other things. Not responding. Contact Sony Customer Care but its been a week no reply form them (never expect a good service from customer care). So I ended up seeking help here.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth not responding after updating to 4.4.4!

Welcome to Android Central! What carrier do you have? Have you discussed the issue with them? Let them know their OTA update disabled your wifi and Bluetooth, and ask them to correct the issue.

ecrofria

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I have a Moto X (gen 1 I believe). Everything was working great, yet after updating to Kitkat 4.4.4 my phone's Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are no longer working.

I have searched and searched through websites and forums, but the only information I can find is about if I had rooted it. I have never rooted it, and I wouldn't even know where to begin to do so. Currently, my phone is not showing IP, MAC, or Bluetooth addresses available in system. When I turn on WiFi or bluetooth they auto shut off after few seconds. I did reboot, master reset, safe mood test, and other things to no avail. Luckily, I backed up all my photos and contacts before I did anything.

I have Verizon, but they are quoting $100 for a board replacement. The board shouldn't be defective, because it was working fine. The update is the only thing that has changed. Can you please assist?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Let them know that the problems started after the update. Since it was a Verizon update that caused the problem, they should take care of the problem without charging you. If the Verizon agent you speak to doesn't want to help, ask to speak to a supervisor, and keep escalating. Be polite and courteous, but don't sound angry, and state things firmly. Don't threaten to leave Verizon; instead, mention how you thought Verizon really cared about its customers. In recent dealings with Verizon, my wife (who is an expert at negotiation) found that this remark triggered an almost scripted apologetic response, and then she got some results.