ace 4 menu key only shows recently used

merlin7777777

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using an ace 4. The menu key (bottom left) shows recently used apps and not menu items. The home button (with a long press) doesn't show the recently used list but rather shows some kind of search screen with keyboard.

The phone is a friend's and he was given it as a xmas present so he doesn't know where it was bought from and if it has been rooted. Knowing his friends I think it is a new phone from EE (UK). It says it's 4.4.4

My own phone is an S4 and it works as I expect (menus on menu key, recent apps list on long press of home key).

There doesn't seem any way on his to call up the menus unless there is a separate icon on the apps.

What's going on? Shouldn't it be like my S4?

Most importantly, how do I get my menu key to show menus?

Thanks!

davidjahorne

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I've recently purchased an Ace 4 also and there's very little forum content about them so I've had to experiment. The recently used apps key also acts as a menu key.

• If you tap it once it brings up recently used apps. You can close any specific app shown by swiping it to the left or right. Alternatively you can tap the X at the bottom to clear the list and close them all. I suspect the purpose of this is to facilitate jumping from one app to another.
  • If you open up any app and long press the recently used apps key it will bring up the menu.