I'm using an ace 4. The menu key (bottom left) shows recently used apps and not menu items. The home button (with a long press) doesn't show the recently used list but rather shows some kind of search screen with keyboard.

The phone is a friend's and he was given it as a xmas present so he doesn't know where it was bought from and if it has been rooted. Knowing his friends I think it is a new phone from EE (UK). It says it's 4.4.4

My own phone is an S4 and it works as I expect (menus on menu key, recent apps list on long press of home key).

There doesn't seem any way on his to call up the menus unless there is a separate icon on the apps.

What's going on? Shouldn't it be like my S4?

Most importantly, how do I get my menu key to show menus?

Thanks!
    01-08-2015 05:28 AM
    I've recently purchased an Ace 4 also and there's very little forum content about them so I've had to experiment. The recently used apps key also acts as a menu key.

• If you tap it once it brings up recently used apps. You can close any specific app shown by swiping it to the left or right. Alternatively you can tap the X at the bottom to clear the list and close them all. I suspect the purpose of this is to facilitate jumping from one app to another.
    • If you open up any app and long press the recently used apps key it will bring up the menu.
    01-10-2015 03:35 AM
    Just use the menu button in the action bar in each app. It's not a problem.
    02-25-2015 07:14 AM