How do I get oush notifications over mobile data?

Vinoth Prasanth

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Problem with push notifications over mobile data

I have installed a few news apps on my fone pad 7. The apps shows notifications only when I connect to wi-fi and not when on mobile data. I want to be able to get notifications when on mobile data too. Help me figure this out!

I have checked the app settings. It doesn't have any menu to show notification only on wif-fi. Also i cleared cache of those apps and it didn't work. The android version is kit - kat

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problem with push notifications over mobile data

Welcome to Android Central! Do you get any notifications at all on mobile data, or only the ones from those particular apps? Does the phone have any kind of battery or data saver options in the main settings menu?

Try going to Settings>Data Usage, and make sure "Restrict Background Data" isn't turned on anywhere.

Vinoth Prasanth

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the fast reply Diddy. I get notifications from whatsapp and gmail when on mobile data. Regarding battery, my tab is set to "ultra saving mode" and it reads "maximize the battery life and disconnects the network connection when the device is suspended " .And "Restrict background data " is unchecked on data usage. What do u mean by "isn't turned on anywhere" . Does that exist some where else ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Try turning off Ultra Saving Mode.

For background data, you can typically restrict all background data, or select specific apps to restrict data. In that Data Usage screen, select an app that isn't giving you notifications, and see if the "Restrict Background Data" option for that specific app is checked on.