Google Now - too intrusive.

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, after some software updates a few weeks ago (4.4.3 VZW HTC One M7), Google Now has become very intrusive. Before, I used to have to Google something/someone many times before I start getting cards about it, but now, if I just search for the same thing two or three times, I get a Google Now card about that subject. Can I revert back to the old cards sensitivity? I don't care about the news for Costco hours...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You can control this by going to the menu on the left, selecting "customize" and then "everything else". Near the bottom is an option for "Continue to get updates for your research topics?". Setting that to no will help eliminate some clutter and you can also see the settings for how it is choosing to provide information about which topics to you.

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I do not have "Continue to get updates for your research topics" as one of the options... I have temperature (C/F), stock, weather for home, weather updates, weather for location, bills based on Gmail, popular photo spots, weather for work, and how do you get around.

M_Sweeney

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
There are 3 ways to adjust Google Now for this, each altering the way it can access that info.

1) Every individual card has 3 dots (just above or below each card) which access that specific cards menu asking something like "continue to get updates about x" or "is this card useful". Select no.

2). Scroll to bottom of Now, or access side menu and click the little wand looking symbol. This will open a list containing
Sports
Stocks
Places
TV and video
Everything else
After selecting " everything else" choose No for
"Continue to get updates about websites you visit often"
Or/and
"Continue to get updates about research topics".

In this same section, you can also adjust updates for specific topics and sites that you've told google now that your interested in.

3). Open side menu of Google Now, click settings located near bottom of menu. Then click phone search. Deselect the check mark next to chrome browser, or any other app you do not want Google Now to pull info from.

Hope this helps.

Tweaking what Now has access to, as well as " training Now" by using each individual cards mini-menu to tell google now (yes or no) about whether that specific card/topic is useful helps Now learn what info to provide you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech