How do I change the timer sound?

mollycule509

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a Droid Turbo running Android 4.4.4. I can't seem to find a solution to this problem anywhere - the timer in the stock alarm/timer/stopwatch app is set to a horrible fire alarm eardrum-blasting beep, and while I can see options to change the sounds for the alarm clocks, I don't seen an option to change the timer sound. How can I change it?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid Turbo running Android 4.4.4. I can't seem to find a solution to this problem anywhere - the timer in the stock alarm/timer/stopwatch app is set to a horrible fire alarm eardrum-blasting beep, and while I can see options to change the sounds for the alarm clocks, I don't seen an option to change the timer sound. How can I change it?
Unfortunately the sound can't be changed without having root access and changing a file within the alarm app. Have you considered using an alternative in the Play Store? There should be plenty of alternatives, including some with an option to assign your own sound. Here is one such app that looks like it allows customized ringtones: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nninghead.talkingstopwatchlite&token=rARP-F8r

Let us know if there are any other alternatives worth sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge