Annoying text alert won't go away

rayvendawn

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
I just bought a Lenovo k920 and it has KitKat 4.4.2 and I am having issues with texting while using any app besides the stock app for text messages. Whenever I try and send a text using textra or gosms it has an alert that pops up and gives me a few secs to decide if I want to send the message and risk a possible data charge for the text. I have tried every setting that I know of and nothing works. I have T-Mobile btw and it's an unlimited plan for texts and data so that isn't an issue. I find this so aggravating because it never stops alerting no matter how many texts you send. I am unable to send any picture messages on any app but the stock text app.
Is there a way around this?
*edit* I am setting the other program as the default text program but it doesn't matter, it still keeps sending alerts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Data Usage. Have you set a level of data usage where you start getting warnings? If so, are you close to that level?

rayvendawn

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
This system is a bit different from my other phone. It has a section for data usage with a chart but no options to set limits. Whenever I go into apps and then into the individual settings it will show a security icon for the actions (that the apps does) that the phone deems as untrustworthy. It will not let me change any of those security features either. I have a picture of this screen but I don't know how to post it here if I even can.
Screenshot_2015-03-10-21-50-27.jpg

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Those "This may cost you money" entries are only for your information. You can't turn individual permissions off.

Is that alert actually from Textra? Does GoSMS give you the same alert with the same wording? Do you have some other security of monitoring app installed? The grammar of that alert is atrocious, so it makes me wonder if it's truly coming from Textra. But then again, Textra is based in Malaysia, so I suppose maybe their English might not be that good.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Mod note: OP, I deleted your post because the image had a personal phone number in it. You may repost the image with the number edited out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo