Will there be an option to downgrade back to KitKat from Lollipop?

A

AC Question

will there be an option to downgrade back to KitKat from Lollipop?

Will there be any option provided for who wish to reinstate KitKat after having updated to Lollipop? I personally think Lollipop is terrible step backwards and in no way an 'upgrade' to KitKat. I was so happy with my phone when I bought it and now I hate it! Apart from the fact it now looks terrible - as if designed by and for a child - when before it was smart and sophisticated, it is slower, less intuitive, more steps to carry out functions. And this morning I got up to find it was completely dead and needed recharging from 0% when yesterday it was showing 60% battery. This has never happened before - battery life was generally impressive.
Please help!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: will there be an option to downgrade back to KitKat from Lollipop?

Welcome to the forums. :)

The answer is yes, you can revert to KitKat if you wish, and if you have a PC, or at least access to one. Should you decide to do that, get back to us for further details.
But, regarding your battery drain, what did your battery stats show to be the main users of charge? It may be something that could be easily fixed.
Also, following a software update, it's good practice to do a Cache Partition wipe. Have you tried that?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20