How do I stop my apps from uninstalling themselves?

TopMonkey

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Apps uninstalling themselves

I have a new Vodafone Smart 4 Max running KitKat and I've now had 3 separate unrelated apps uninstall themselves from my phone. The only thing that links them is that they were all in 'folders' on my homescreen. One minute they are there, the next they have disappeared from the homescreen and my installed apps!

I contacted Vodafone but the only solution they offered me is a replacement phone, which I fear will have the same issue as I would think this problem is more likely OS related?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Apps uninstalling themselves

Hello Mike, that is a weird problem, it could be malware too.
I'm incline to think it's software related, not hardware.
Did you download something from a questionable place instead of the Google Play Store?
Download an antivirus app and use it. Many people love Avast.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Were those apps saved in your SD card? Kitkat doesn't like much if you install apps in a card.

TopMonkey

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for your replies.

STARGATE - I only ever download from Google Play and I have Norton installed.
Javier P - I moved most of my apps to the SD card so I think they might have been. I have reinstalled the apps but not moved them to the SD card this time to see what happens.

TopMonkey

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site

Left my phone on last night and woke up to find one of my apps had uninstalled itself last night. So I decided I try restarting my phone again and the app appeared again after restart! Looked in app properties and it seems it was still being stored on SD, so moved back to phone and now watching and waiting.

Ferrarifreestyles

Aug 2, 2017
Visit site

Yeap got the same problem in 2017 too ..got a Vodafone 7" VFD 1100 Smart Tab 2 Tablet and whenever I install Microsoft word and a few other apps they uninstall any minute I blink....I have now installed an app that extracts APKs and stores them so that whenever this hits me again at least I won't have to re-download the app..but I'm still not happy.

Sleepy Leafeon

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site

Im haveing the same problem with my Lg stylo ive had to reset my phone like 4 times i even got a new one and the problem still occurs

EuclidesGBM

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site

Im haveing the same problem with my Lg stylo ive had to reset my phone like 4 times i even got a new one and the problem still occurs

I also have the same phone and its doing the same thing ;-; but so far only Facebook is doing so... but had problems with Snapchat randomly using 10GB of System Memory and requiring uninstall

Mike Veis

May 29, 2018
Visit site

It may be a bug in your phone causing the problem. Either your phone is defective or you may have to do a factory reset to get rid of the bug. Contact your provider.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781