Setting up a restricted user, help please

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm setting up a 4.4 tablet with a restricted user for my 2 year old to use. I have the initial setup with the restricted user created and all the apps we don't want access to turned off. However there appears to be one glaring problem that I can't believe wasn't the first thing they thought of. The restricted user has unrestricted access to settings. With the exception of deleting the users. There is no reason whatsoever for her to go into settings. I need something that simply makes that disappear to the restricted user account. I have gone in and configured anything that needed to be configured for that profile so there is no reason to have access to settings from that profile any more. Also there are some system apps that aren't available to toggle on or off and show up: Camera, clock, downloads, file manager, and gallery. No harm can be accidentally done with anything but file manager of those. But it would be simplest if they could just be hidden so they can't be seen on that profile along with settings. Is there anything we can install that will do this for us? She will be the only user of the tablet but we still need the owner profile to administrate things from. If that helps in recommending a solution to this problem. Thanks.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm setting up a 4.4 tablet with a restricted user for my 2 year old to use. I have the initial setup with the restricted user created and all the apps we don't want access to turned off. However there appears to be one glaring problem that I can't believe wasn't the first thing they thought of. The restricted user has unrestricted access to settings. With the exception of deleting the users. There is no reason whatsoever for her to go into settings. I need something that simply makes that disappear to the restricted user account. I have gone in and configured anything that needed to be configured for that profile so there is no reason to have access to settings from that profile any more. Also there are some system apps that aren't available to toggle on or off and show up: Camera, clock, downloads, file manager, and gallery. No harm can be accidentally done with anything but file manager of those. But it would be simplest if they could just be hidden so they can't be seen on that profile along with settings. Is there anything we can install that will do this for us? She will be the only user of the tablet but we still need the owner profile to administrate things from. If that helps in recommending a solution to this problem. Thanks.

Welcome to Android Central!

Take a look at this app below. I use it on my son's phone.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ise.parentalcontrol.secureteen&token=ejh2QsYu

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante