How do I know that my phone has been hacked?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to know my phone has hacked

It's quite difficult to know for sure if your phone has been hacked. Any good spy app will hide deep and even an expert could have problems to detect it.

There are some symptoms that could indicate that your phone has been hacked. The battery is being dried more quickly, your phone gets hot when not in use, it's sending strange texts, etc. But those can be signs of something else as well.

Also, to have an spy app running in your phone someone had to use it for a little time to download the app and set things up.

A factory reset would eliminate that problem. Let us know if you want to go that way and we can help you with the process.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to know my phone has hacked

Also, if someone gets your Google password, they can look on Android Device Manager to locate/track your phone, and there's no way anyone can tell. (And the government can get the records from the carrier to show which towers your phone connected to as you were moving.)

If you're being tracked, it's not necessarily your phone being hacked. (Even stores track your phone while you're in the store - it's constantly sending out wifi signals, and they can track those signals. When your loyalty card is scanned, the phone at that register is you [the loyalty card application has your name, address, etc.], and a simple database program tells then who was in the store, which aisles he went up and down and where in an aisle he stopped, and for how long. (Chainfire has written an app - Pry-Fi (root) - that can keep changing your phone's address to keep the store from tracking you - you "become a different phone" every minute or so. [The phone has to be rooted.])

Sabyasachi Datta

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
Recently ...i believe my phone was hacked ...i was getting strange texts so what i did was simple...FIRST i backed up all data on my phone and then i completely factory reset everything.. next in place of my google account i placed my iCloud account and now my phone runs fine:)