Search within news articles takes me to Chinese website, why is it doing this?

rp11

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Search within news articles takes me to chinese website

I have huawei honor 6 , android kit kat version 4.4.2 , emui 3.0.

the problem is whenever i search something in a news article ( like by hard pressing a word or a statement ) or any other type of article on websites.... i am taken to m.baidu.com website , which is a chinese website and the entire webpage is in chinese . i have checked to chrome settings , the default search engine is google and still baidu. com is opening , why ? .

I have done everything , i did factory data reset , i changed default browser from chrome to uc browser , still this m.baidu.com won't go away. i checked es file explorer for baidu and there was a folder there named " baidu " which i deleted but still the problem remains .

I am so fed up of this problem and very, very annoyed and irritated by it , please guys help me . I am thinking of returning this chinese phone

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Search within news articles takes me to chinese website

So you checked your Chrome Settings when Chrome was your default browser ? I think I'd be inclined to stick with it....uninstall the other......clean out cookies/ Site settings, history, data and cache in Chrome. Check again which is the Search engine.You could also try visiting your Google Account and check your settings for Security/Privacy and Ads....perhaps some sites/apps have access to info/details which you could check.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC