URGENT! Remove a Device Administrator!!

ManuelDurforrt

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I have a Motorola Moto G 4G Edition that runs KitKat 4.4.4. There is an app on my phone that has device administrator privileges. Since I don't need this app anymore, I tried to delete the device admin privileges, but when I tried it asked me for an email and password that I no longer remember. Is there any possible way to get rid of the device admin privileges on my phone with a hack, possibly by rooting my phone??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you going to Settings>Security>Device Administrators and unchecking the app? Is that where it's asking for an email and password?

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Are you referring to Motorola Device Policy or Andriod Device Manager? Are you afraid the phone's previous owner is going lock or erase your phone?

ManuelDurforrt

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it is in settings> security> device administrator. I hae an app that restdics certain features on your phone and it has device admin access. However it asks for an email and password. I need a way to remove device admin privileges for that app without entering in the email and password. Perhaps a rooted app will do the trick? I already tried booting in safe mode but it was of no use. The app is a parental control app that was on my phone when I bought it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not familiar with apps that require an email address and password in order to uncheck the box in the Device Administrators menu. Who installed the app? Can you ask them?

ManuelDurforrt

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Well I attempted to contact the but no response. Anyway, I don't think it matters that it asks me to login to the app account with an email. I just want to know if there is any hack like a root hack or something that allows me to bypass device administrator

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay