URGENT -time sensitive help needed -KitKat 4.4 SD card access ?'s

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I need to know DEFINITIVELY if I would have a hard time using a KitKat tablet as a basic media device (music primarily, picture browsing & reading secondarily, video not likely). Some apps for file management/syncing would be added.

My understanding about KitKat only allowing apps to read native folders is murky at this point as it's been a long time since I learned the problems. I've remembered only the bottom line of ROOT KitKat IF YOU CAN & patch (not sure I'll be able to do on the new tablet Nextbook Ares 7 as no info has returned on a search), or avoid KitKat if you are used to really manipulating the phone or tablet.

My KitKat phones are rooted so I've been able to do what I want.
If I get a new, CHEAP but functional for my purposes device with KitKat, will I still have the ability to:

1) Store MUSIC on the extSDcard in my own folder created from a laptop transfer, then play that selected folder using the app of my choice such as MortPlayer or any other folder based players?
2) The same with my photos using an app such as QuickPic?
3) The same with books using an app such as MoonReader (ie, the app can access the folder I choose even if on the SD Card and delete files if so desired?
4) LIKELY WHERE I'LL HIT THE KitKat "SECURITY WALL"....... A file manager syncing app to keep any desired folder (sd or extSD) synced with the cloud. Example, syncing my books folder to match multiple devices via cloud storage syncing such as Dropsync or Onesync.

As this tablet is the right price for the purpose (today only), I could use some INFORMATIVE feedback on this ASAP.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke