Phone has been dialing people all over the world, what could be wrong?

Scott True

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Phone has been dialing people all over the world

I have an S4. We keep receiving calls approximately 20 people from all over FLA. Texas seem to be the main areas but there are other areas too. They all said, "you called me". Anyhow what virus is this and what do I have to do to remove it? The phone is not rooted and is on metropcs. Please I realize buy a new phone is a great smart *** answer :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone has been dialing people all over the world

Is there an actual call in your call history to these numbers or do they just say you called them? Do they appear as outgoing calls in your monthly bill?

Scott True

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site

It is a prepaid service. MetroPCS no phone records. It started yesterday does not show numbers being dialed. I already factory reset. I have received about 75 or so calls saying I just called them. I was wondering if I root and put a new operating system if this might resolve. Don't know what else to do.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Might be a glitch in Caller ID redirecting to your phone number by error if you don't show any record of it in your phone.

If you get these calls frequently, try turning off your phone (if possible) for a few hours and see if any callers claim you called them in that period. If they do, then it's not your phone, and you might have to check with your carrier if your SIM card hasn't been cloned or if they don't have issues with their Caller ID reporting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon