Screen lock disabled by administrator etc.

Swag Andrew

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi all!

My sony xperia E1 D2005 has stopped letting me change "None" or "swipe" as screen lock option. They are both grayed out and it says disabled by "Disabled by Administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage". I tried clearing creditentals but it does not help. Also when i try to access Settings > More > VPN i get an error messeage saying "unfortunately settings has stopped". I tried factory reseting at least 10times already, there are no softwares on the phone that could block it. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, have a good day.

Depeche Mark

May 23, 2016
Visit site
To get the "none" option back, I did these steps. I have an S6 but hopefully the same thing will work on the Sony?
- Went to "Settings"
- Tapped "Search"
- Typed in the search area:: "Device Administrator"
- Selected "Device Administrators"
- There you'll find the list of what's there, including "Android Device Manager" which is "on"
- Turn "off" anything you see listed here including "Android Device Manager'
- As an extra thing, I also "cleared cache" for each of those things listed in the Device Administrator page by going to "settings", "applications", "application manger", "all", and finding the 3 extra things listed on my "Device Adminsistrator" page. (Android Device Manager is not listed under applications, so just look for anything else that's listed)
- Then i restarted the phone
- Then went back to "settings", "lock screen and security", "screen lock type", and all of the options were available to choose, including "none"...nothing was grayed out anymore.
- Then once I chose "none" for the screen lock, I went back to "device administrator" above and turned "on" everything i had turned "off"
- That's it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2