I got a Samsung Galaxy S4 for Christmas. It worked great until 9 days ago, when my provider T-Mobile USA pushed an Android S/W update. Since then:
    1. the phone crashes 3-4 times a day
    2. the phone starts streaming music on its own, which draws the battery down FAST
    3. there is this extra screen saver that wishes me Good Morning and Good Night
    (and sets the phone to vibrate)

I called T-Mobile, who called Samsung, where I got someone who told me that nothing was possible. I asked for a supervisor, and was likely switched to a colleague instead who told me about soft and hard reset, but didn't seem to be capable or interested in understanding why the phone has gone bad. He didn't know what a log file was. When I pointed out that he was being incompetent, he hung up on me.

I bought Samsung because of the support -- if this is an example of it, why not just buy some fly-by-night brand from the Chinese mainland?

Has anyone else had these problems? I went to the T-Mobile store before calling customer service -- the attendant in the store confirmed she was having problem 3.

What to do about them?
    08-12-2017 07:45 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your issues, not very nice having such problems after a system update. There's a couple of things you could try before hitting factory reset.

Try clearing cached data from your storage settings and wipe the cache partition from recovery. I'm not familiar with your phone, so I'm sure about the right steps to do so. These processes will remove any temporary file that could be causing such problems.

About the good morning screen. That sounds very similar to issues caused by an app called Peel Smart Remote. If you have this app installed in your phone disable it, restart the phone and see if that screen still pops up.

Tell us how it goes for further assistance.
    08-12-2017 08:04 PM
    Check and see if Peel remote is installed. If so, uninstall (resets it to factory), force stop, and disable it under app settings. Then goto Google play store and disable/turn off auto updates for it.
    09-27-2017 06:50 PM