How are you liking Android L on the Nexus 5?

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else take the plunge and flash L? Just looking for experiences, I just flashed mine and haven't had much time with the OS

Android L

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'm really liking it, very useable for an unfinished release. have it on my n5 and n7 and no major issues outside of MMS

Gary Holly

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Aside from the odd app just not working,thankfully none that I care for,it runs smooth and stable.

4 more months of work and it'll be very solid.

Till it gives me crap,its my daily

NagaNexus

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
If u r patient enough in handling a dev is, go for it. If not pls don't.

I have faced frequent reboots, hangups like in windows , display freeze. Compatibility issues with apps.

I'm not saying wrong here about L, but just a heads up!

Good luck

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
If u r patient enough in handling a dev is, go for it. If not pls don't.

I have faced frequent reboots, hangups like in windows , display freeze. Compatibility issues with apps.

I'm not saying wrong here about L, but just a heads up!

Good luck

If you install L, I'd recommend not having Google restore your phone. Instead, start clean and then add apps as you need them. I also recommend reading through the threat about apps that aren't working in L.

If you need your phone for work, I definitely would not flash Android L. If you are just wanting to play around, and can live with a few issues, then go for it. I'm finding that the L is mostly stable, by itself, but that several apps have issues in L that can cause hangups, reboots, etc.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking it. So long as you know what you're getting into, it is great. HBO Go, Google Docs, and Google Sheets don't work, but apps not working is to be expected. Overall, the OS is much improved.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8730639)

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
It's so so. Performance wise, it runs great (better than any other developer preview that I've used) and the only problems that I've ran into so far is with the lock screen sometimes not registering touches, tablet keeps locking after I've already unlocked it, and the YouTube app changing (it changed for the better and then returned to the old one, don't know why that happened but it did as soon as I flashed L). As far as L itself and the future of Google products , it's a mixed bag. The new aesthetic overhaul seems a little too bright and colorful for my tastes (one of the pluses of stock over skins like TouchWiz was how stark and serious it was, but now stock seems very much like TouchWiz). Google Apps are more important now than ever to Android, but I don't really want to use them anymore since Google seems to be messing work them too much in bad ways (Drive, for example). The things that I'm looking for aren't being addressed and the things that originally brought me to the platform are slowly being removed. I know I have an unpopular opinion, but it's how I feel and only time will tell whether or not I'll stick with Android or switch over to Windows Phone/return to iOS that I was on before.