Samsung S5 - will it get L update?

jellykitkat12

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Samsung s5 will it get L update

I'm just wondering since it's not 64 bit

Posted via Android Central App

I've heard that Galaxy s4 (even the international version) could actually skip 4.4.3/4.4.4 and update to 5.0 once it's released. It's just rumours, though. But I'm quite sure s5 will get updated.

Samsung could have implemented the 64 bit processor if they had a clear idea of what was going on. This is the top reason why Galaxy s5 was outsold by iPhone 5s, unfortunately.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I've heard that Galaxy s4 (even the international version) could actually skip 4.4.3/4.4.4 and update to 5.0 once it's released. It's just rumours, though. But I'm quite sure s5 will get updated.

Samsung could have implemented the 64 bit processor if they had a clear idea of what was going on. This is the top reason why Galaxy s5 was outsold by iPhone 5s, unfortunately.

I don't think your average smartphone buyer even knows what 64-bit means. iPhones have always been the best selling phones in the US.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

When are carriers expected to be rolling these out?

Not anytime soon. It will likely release alongside any Nexus devices in October/November, and any skinned software like TouchWiz or Sense will probably start getting them early next year.

jellykitkat12

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I don't think your average smartphone buyer even knows what 64-bit means. iPhones have always been the best selling phones in the US.

In my country iPhones have spread in the last 2 years also, but android still holds the supremacy. Many of my friends who have 5s said they bought it for "processor speed and stuff". I think it's because of 64-bit.

In the US yes, cuz Apple is an American company. But I'm talking about international business. I've heard that it's S5 < 5s < S4 according to the number of sold units in 1 month.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

In my country iPhones have spread in the last 2 years also, but android still holds the supremacy. Many of my friends who have 5s said they bought it for "processor speed and stuff". I think it's because of 64-bit.

In the US yes, cuz Apple is an American company. But I'm talking about international business. I've heard that it's S5 < 5s < S4 according to the number of sold units in 1 month.

I doubt it. Most people just look at the number of cores and clock speed. The iPhone loses that, and again, the average user doesn't know the difference between 32 and 64 bit :p

bradley129

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

I doubt it. Most people just look at the number of cores and clock speed. The iPhone loses that, and again, the average user doesn't know the difference between 32 and 64 bit :p
The average consumer hardly know what a CPU is.

bradley129

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

The average consumer hardly knows what a CPU is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair