Could anyone help with step by step guide how to install lollipop preview using Macbook pro? Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-19-2014 04:39 AM
    Could anyone help with step by step guide how to install lollipop preview using Macbook pro? Thanks

This step by step thread to flash the Factory Image on the Nexus 4 is a good post to follow: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...e-restore.html

You'll need to make sure you have:
    1. ADB installed and setup correctly. Open Terminal Emulator to make sure the device is recognized - the post above will help you do that.
    2. Replace all the files calling for Nexus 4 factory image with the Lollipop preview.

Remember that flashing the preview will erase the entire device, including the sd card, so backup your data beforehand.

Let us know how it goes.
    10-19-2014 01:10 PM
    There are REALLY good step by step instructions all over the net

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360
    10-19-2014 06:29 PM
    There are but 99% of them are for Windows.

10-22-2014 01:51 AM
    There are but 99% of them are for Windows.

This guide, from this forum and written by Jerry, is written for 4.3 and include the Mac and Linux specific instructions. This is the guide I followed. The only change you need to make is downloading the 5.0 factory image instead of the 4.3 factory image. Other than that, the process is identical.

Also, if you run into any issues, let me know. I had to do one thing that wasn't in the write up. Before I ran the flash-all.sh command, I had to run "cd /Users/yourusernamehere/Android/sdk/platform-tools". What comes after "cd" for you could be different. It needs to be the file path to the folder you have fastboot and the factory image files in.
    10-22-2014 08:53 AM
    raybansandfedora find this guy's channel on youtube and he'll tell you step for step how to do it. This is how I installed the new Lollipop preview on my 2012 iMac.
    10-22-2014 11:54 AM