Guys this is a general question I'm using ART on my G3 and I was just wondering if it affects the phone due to the fact that it's still unstable? So you guys think it might be a bad thing to apply it before Lollipop is out?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-01-2014 04:49 PM
    Try it out. I've been running it for a few weeks, and the battery life seems to have improved (after the first couple cycles of course). It won't void your warranty, and you won't loose any information or files by switching. You WILL loose a bit of time (20-30 minutes as a guess, depending on how many apps you have installed), plus you'll lose a bit of storage space as the apps get recompiled.

(and I'd recommend having a healthy charge on your battery, or be on the charger when you switch)

You really have nothing to lose, and if you find it's affecting some of your apps too much, switching back is much faster. Try it for a week and see how it goes.
    11-01-2014 08:48 PM
    Guys this is a general question I'm using ART on my G3 and I was just wondering if it affects the phone due to the fact that it's still unstable? So you guys think it might be a bad thing to apply it before Lollipop is out?

I'm running ART on my AT&T G3 and it runs like butter. You must have a Verizon or Sprint model if its not running smoothly for you. Since Lollipop will default to ART it won't hurt the phone and I would say stay on ART anyway. I personally would never go back to Dalvik on my G3.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2014 01:23 PM
    I've been running ART on my 2013 nexus 7 for months with no major problems

11-02-2014 08:17 PM