02-07-2015 03:01 AM
192 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Just flashed the image a few minutes ago.
    11-12-2014 04:11 PM
    Its official rollout for nexus devices is on its way today. On ac homepage and google posted via twiter

Posted via Android Central App
    11-12-2014 05:31 PM
    Is there a factory image for the N7 (2013) yet? Ahh..never mind..found it at Android Police.
    11-12-2014 07:44 PM
    Factory Image Link

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-12-2014 08:07 PM
    Factory Image Link

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Thanks. I already got the image for the Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 but after reading the installation instructions I'm not going to use them. Last time I did an update with a factory image it was for Kit Kat. At that time it did not entail wiping all your data. Evidently the procedure has regressed since then to something far more unwieldy. What happened to the concept of progress? Making it harder is not part of my concept of progress. Oh well will have to wait for OTA, which had better not require the loss of all data.
    11-12-2014 08:31 PM
    Thanks. I already got the image for the Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 but after reading the installation instructions I'm not going to use them. Last time I did an update with a factory image it was for Kit Kat. At that time it did not entail wiping all your data. Evidently the procedure has regressed since then to something far more unwieldy. What happened to the concept of progress? Making it harder is not part of my concept of progress. Oh well will have to wait for OTA, which had better not require the loss of all data.
    Same reason I opted against it. Far too much of a hassle to recover my phone from a full wipe.
    11-12-2014 08:46 PM
    I've just started getting updates for Keep and Calendar since yesterday. Anyone have an idea which apps are the last to be updated on Kit Kat before Lollipop will roll out? I'm using a Nexus 5 with Telus in Canada.
    Thanks!

Has anyone got the update yet? Yes it is the 3rd of November. Just wondering if anyone else has it.

11-14-2014 07:42 AM
    I've just started getting updates for Keep and Calendar since yesterday. Anyone have an idea which apps are the last to be updated on Kit Kat before Lollipop will roll out? I'm using a Nexus 5 with Telus in Canada.
    Thanks!
    Idk I just woke up to like 3 or 4 google app updates lol

11-14-2014 07:52 AM
    Thanks!
    I got maps, calender, and keep update yesterday as well. A few days prior I got keyboard. Rogers, Canada. Hopefully these are the last ones before lollipop

11-14-2014 07:53 AM
    I got maps, calender, and keep update yesterday as well. A few days prior I got keyboard. Rogers, Canada. Hopefully these are the last ones before lollipop

Same order here.

11-14-2014 08:24 AM
    I too have been getting the individual app updates. I am into rush to get Lollipop. My N5 works just fine with 4.4.4.

11-14-2014 02:38 PM
    It's Nov 15th and still no sign of official ๐Ÿญ update. Nexus 5 here. Bravo Google! Bravo! ๐Ÿ˜‚
    11-14-2014 06:23 PM
    I too have been getting the individual app updates. I am into rush to get Lollipop. My N5 works just fine with 4.4.4.

Same here. 2013 nexus 7 with 4.4.4

11-14-2014 07:58 PM
    Hey, it's 15th November is anyone get Lollypop ๐Ÿญ update? On nexus 5??

11-15-2014 12:25 AM
    Hey, it's 15th November is anyone get Lollypop update? On nexus 5??

Maybe by Xmas.
    11-15-2014 06:53 PM
    Maybe by Xmas.
    That's more like when OEMS will push the update

11-15-2014 06:58 PM
    That's more like when OEMS will push the update

Does OEMs include the Nexus 7? There seems to be no indication of any imminent release for the N7 since I've heard no reports of anyone getting the OTA update. Ive only seen that factory image which I won't even consider using because it requires a wipe. Last year when kit kat came out I installed an image to update, but it did not require a wipe. I'm sure of that because I would never have done it otherwise. Why did the procedure devolve into something much more disruptive?
    11-15-2014 07:03 PM
    Does OEMs include the Nexus 7? There seems to be no indication of any imminent release for the N7 since I've heard no reports of anyone getting the OTA update. Ive only seen that factory image which I won't even consider using because it requires a wipe. Last year when kit kat came out I installed an image to update, but it did not require a wipe. I'm sure of that because I would never have done it otherwise. Why did the procedure devolve into something much more disruptive?
    Since the nexus 7 is made by Google, it it always the first in line for software updates. Manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, and LG have to go through a process to make sure that the new version of Android works on their phone and with their software skin. Then carriers have to test the new software on their networks to make sure that it works reliably. So those manufacturers phones don't get system updates at the same time as a Google device.

11-15-2014 07:34 PM
    Since the nexus 7 is made by Google, it it always the first in line for software updates. Manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, and LG have to go through a process to make sure that the new version of Android works on their phone and with their software skin. Then carriers have to test the new software on their networks to make sure that it works reliably. So those manufacturers phones don't get system updates at the same time as a Google device.

Ahh. Ok. It was unclear since the Nexus 7 is actually made by ASUS. Wasn't sure. If that counted as an OEM. But you cleared it up. Thanx.
    11-15-2014 07:48 PM
    Ahh. Ok. It was unclear since the Nexus 7 is actually made by ASUS. Wasn't sure. If that counted as an OEM. But you cleared it up. Thanx.
    Much appreciated. Glad I could help!!!

11-15-2014 07:54 PM
    Since the nexus 7 is made by Google, it it always the first in line for software updates.
    I've gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in this whole update process. My 2013 Nexus 7 hasn't seen the OTA yet, but there are reports of other non-nexus devices receiving the update. Being a Nexus device was the deciding factor for my tablet; feeling pretty defeated now.
    LezCronut likes this.
    11-15-2014 11:48 PM
    Still waiting on my Nexus 4 and 2103 Nexus 7. I got Kitkat updates within a day after they were supposed to go out, so I'm not worried that my devices will be behind other N4s and N7-13s.

I'll probably wait a day or two anyway on the N4, to see if anyone has any issues before I update.
    11-15-2014 11:57 PM
    Got tired of waiting and did it manually via the image file from googles Dev site and fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-16-2014 12:00 AM
    Got tired of waiting and did it manually via the image file from googles Dev site and fastboot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I'd love to see the update but going through a wipe is not an option. Would rather wait. Nobody has yet explained why a wipe is needed now when last year it could be done without all that trouble.
    11-16-2014 12:42 AM
    Is it imminent? I believe it's gonna be next week.
    11-16-2014 09:05 AM
192 ... 34567 ...