Has anyone got the Lollipop update yet?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
First..

Google did as they said. Lollipop was released for the Nexus 9 which started to hit consumers hands in the last couple days. The Nexus 6 is next in line. I would guess after that you will then slowly start to see updates roll out for the rest of the Nexus family.

Of course your not going to see Google slam it all out at once, just for the simple reason so they can monitor the updates on a smaller scale and make sure things are going as planned.

FWIW, in this whole race to update for you SHIELD Tablet owners they have come up with a anticipated Lollipop update saying " November " so NVIDIA has their feet in the race to be the first outside of the Nexus line to get updated.

sdchris

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
So, I'll wait for the Lollipop update and won't need to pull my knickers out of my crotch every time I stand up.

Haha. I'm the same way. It will get here and we'll all breathe a sigh of relief.

As far as Google wanting to sell the better phones first, I doubt that plays a major factor. Google makes a majority of their money on ads.

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
There was a bug that affected battery life when WiFi was switched on, apparently the device (Nexus 5) would no longer go into deep sleep. This obviously significantly shortened the battery life.

This bug has now been fixed so who knows when the images will be up.

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad they are taking their time and releasing this when the bug is fixed.. unlike the iOS 8.1 DEBACLE. Millions of people updated and viola.. no more touch ID and cellular service was gone.

That was actually iOS 8.01, not 8.1. They pulled it so quickly that many folks like me never even were affected. And they sent out a fix a day or two later (8.02) which took care of it. 8.1 came out a few weeks later.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
That was actually iOS 8.01, not 8.1. They pulled it so quickly that many folks like me never even were affected. And they sent out a fix a day or two later (8.02) which took care of it. 8.1 came out a few weeks later.

yeah, I meant 8.01.. yep, I'm all too familiar with it, just had the versions off.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
So with the fix we should expect the OTA sooner than Nov. 12? And has it been OFFICIALLY stated that the release was delayed until Nov. 12?

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
So with the fix we should expect the OTA sooner than Nov. 12? And has it been OFFICIALLY stated that the release was delayed until Nov. 12?
I'm pretty sure Nov 12 is as speculative as Nov 3 was. Given no direction by Google, people speculated that the Lollipop release would coincide with the release of Nexus 9 (11/3), and now that it hasn't materialized, they're speculating it'll coincide with the release of Nexus 6 (11/12). Not the most groundless as far as speculation goes but that's all it is at the moment it seems.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone received 5.0 OTA? Anyone? Anywhere?

Why would Google care about updating the S3 Mini when that's Samsung's job lol? Nexus, Google Play Edition, and Android One devices are the only devices that receive direct Android updates from Google.

Bezruk

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anyone received 5.0 OTA? Anyone? Anywhere?

My LG G2, waiting for the update to lollipop. I read that on the LG G3 Soon. Hopefully on my smartphone will soon be.

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes hopefully. Can't wait for it on my N5 but I will wait however long for it to be bug free of course

Posted via Android Central App