Has anyone got the Lollipop update yet?

Paskell

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Its official rollout for nexus devices is on its way today. On ac homepage and google posted via twiter

Posted via Android Central App

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Factory Image Link

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks. I already got the image for the Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 but after reading the installation instructions I'm not going to use them. Last time I did an update with a factory image it was for Kit Kat. At that time it did not entail wiping all your data. Evidently the procedure has regressed since then to something far more unwieldy. What happened to the concept of progress? Making it harder is not part of my concept of progress. Oh well will have to wait for OTA, which had better not require the loss of all data.

AnAndroidDroid

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I already got the image for the Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 but after reading the installation instructions I'm not going to use them. Last time I did an update with a factory image it was for Kit Kat. At that time it did not entail wiping all your data. Evidently the procedure has regressed since then to something far more unwieldy. What happened to the concept of progress? Making it harder is not part of my concept of progress. Oh well will have to wait for OTA, which had better not require the loss of all data.
Same reason I opted against it. Far too much of a hassle to recover my phone from a full wipe.

swimfan78

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I've just started getting updates for Keep and Calendar since yesterday. Anyone have an idea which apps are the last to be updated on Kit Kat before Lollipop will roll out? I'm using a Nexus 5 with Telus in Canada.
Thanks!

Has anyone got the update yet? Yes it is the 3rd of November. Just wondering if anyone else has it.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I've just started getting updates for Keep and Calendar since yesterday. Anyone have an idea which apps are the last to be updated on Kit Kat before Lollipop will roll out? I'm using a Nexus 5 with Telus in Canada.
Thanks!
Idk I just woke up to like 3 or 4 google app updates lol

mikecosmo

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks!

I got maps, calender, and keep update yesterday as well. A few days prior I got keyboard. Rogers, Canada. Hopefully these are the last ones before lollipop

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I too have been getting the individual app updates. I am into rush to get Lollipop. My N5 works just fine with 4.4.4.

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
That's more like when OEMS will push the update :)

Does OEMs include the Nexus 7? There seems to be no indication of any imminent release for the N7 since I've heard no reports of anyone getting the OTA update. Ive only seen that factory image which I won't even consider using because it requires a wipe. Last year when kit kat came out I installed an image to update, but it did not require a wipe. I'm sure of that because I would never have done it otherwise. Why did the procedure devolve into something much more disruptive?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Does OEMs include the Nexus 7? There seems to be no indication of any imminent release for the N7 since I've heard no reports of anyone getting the OTA update. Ive only seen that factory image which I won't even consider using because it requires a wipe. Last year when kit kat came out I installed an image to update, but it did not require a wipe. I'm sure of that because I would never have done it otherwise. Why did the procedure devolve into something much more disruptive?

Since the nexus 7 is made by Google, it it always the first in line for software updates. Manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, and LG have to go through a process to make sure that the new version of Android works on their phone and with their software skin. Then carriers have to test the new software on their networks to make sure that it works reliably. So those manufacturers phones don't get system updates at the same time as a Google device.

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Since the nexus 7 is made by Google, it it always the first in line for software updates. Manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, and LG have to go through a process to make sure that the new version of Android works on their phone and with their software skin. Then carriers have to test the new software on their networks to make sure that it works reliably. So those manufacturers phones don't get system updates at the same time as a Google device.

Ahh. Ok. It was unclear since the Nexus 7 is actually made by ASUS. Wasn't sure. If that counted as an OEM. But you cleared it up. Thanx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton