Android Wi-fi Printing

tuta kanemm

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Am suggesting a new feature for hopefully an update to Lollipop(wish i can save enough to get a decent device running it)

I am a die hard fan of the Android OS, been here since version 1, and well here we are, but last month after the launch of apples iphone 6, i laughed at most of what their selling points was, we had those like 4 years back, but really something stuck me, i was able to print on the go on any Wi-Fi printer, its a feature embedded on the OS itself, something my desired android lacks, i know about the google account printing, but that requires the printer to be linked to your account and verified, what i used on iphone6 touched me, it didn't require any sorta linking to my account, it just requested to search and i selected the wifi option and BOOM my document came out, i really think that a good feature i envied there, i know my android is the safest device out there now, at least to a degree, but lets make it functional as well, for that feature alone one of my boss dropped his htc one for an iphone6, he loved the android OS but well he needs his printing to be mobile, not the regular printing android ecosystem offers from devices running 4.4up. I'd really love to also do more(wish i paid more attention during my java coding days) but well i could be a good tester now, am sure its something that can be done on the wifi-tree, iphone was able to print from various wifi printers(none was connected to the mobile before or needed any account linking) yes it lacked full print options like mono or colour selection, but that feature was a selling point. Id love my android device to have that PLUS MORE.

Many thanks for going thru this piece.

Regards

*This was posted at google forums on suggestions and i was told to also drop it in here.

japark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are connected to a WiFi network and there are shared printers on that network and/or network printers, you can print to those printers with PrinterShare. Works quite well in most instances.

I have never understood why printing is not a part of phone OS's like it is with PC's. PrinterShare installs drivers for most printers you will encounter in a network.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49