anyone got the OTA update yet?

mattpga

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm too lazy to learn how to update my Nexus 7 (2012) and Nexus 10 using the image thing, but no sign of any updates yet here in the grey and damp UK. Has anyone got the OTA yet? anywhere?

Dissident26

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm in grey and damp UK too but because I'm not lazy I already have lollipop. It took me all of 15min (not counting the downloading files part). It's not so complicated and definitely worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Grab the WugFresh Toolkit, it does all of the work for you flashing the factory image. Just know that you will get a wiped clean device afterwards.

Doing that with our Nexus 7s at work, and backing up my personal Nexus 10 right now to do the same.

FreeFool

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Grab the WugFresh Toolkit, it does all of the work for you flashing the factory image. Just know that you will get a wiped clean device afterwards.

Doing that with our Nexus 7s at work, and backing up my personal Nexus 10 right now to do the same.
But I am sure there are many like me who enjoy the latest tech but aren't clued up on how to flash phones etc. So I need to wait for OTA but just asking if people are even receiving this yet.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
But I am sure there are many like me who enjoy the latest tech but aren't clued up on how to flash phones etc. So I need to wait for OTA but just asking if people are even receiving this yet.

Wug's toolkit is very informative and walks you step by step the whole way. Most of it is automated and explains what is going on. It took me all of 30 min from start to finish. Super easy!

xxjoStaxx

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Wug's toolkit is very informative and walks you step by step the whole way. Most of it is automated and explains what is going on. It took me all of 30 min from start to finish. Super easy!

What's the easiest way to back up all your apps/data, pics, contacts, music, etc? I'm planning on flashing the factory image today, but really don't wanna lose everything on my phone! I can't sit around and wait for the OTA to Finally come to my phone, after already waiting months for Lollipop!! I know I have to backup before unlocking my bootloader to flash L. Any tips?

Posted via Android Central App

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I backup my stuff, photos and such on my computer before flashing mine. Wug's toolkit does have a backup feature, but I am not sure what gets backed up as I did mine before hand.

xxjoStaxx

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I backup my stuff, photos and such on my computer before flashing mine. Wug's toolkit does have a backup feature, but I am not sure what gets backed up as I did mine before hand.

So just pull everything from the 'USB storage device' in my computer, then put it back on after flashing?

Posted via Android Central App

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Depends on where you keep your personal stuff. I am not on my tablet so I can't tell you specifically what path your personal folders are.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

That is what stops me. I can't believe I have to erase my device to sideload 5.0. Also backing up is useless because I can't even backup without rooting which of course requires a erase. I have my Nexus 5 just right and I don't want the stress of reconfiguring the home screen and having to log into all my apps again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech