Gallery app gone; Photos app doesn't "do" folders

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So it seems the Gallery app is finally gone for real. Meanwhile, the Photos app ignores my folders and just displays all images in one sloppy pile.

Can anyone suggest a better way?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I take it all back.

In default view (Menu -> Photos), folders seem to be ignored. But, Menu -> On Device does display my photos grouped according to folders.

My bad.

Akshay_Modi

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Gallery app has been replaced by Photos but the view of this app is not so good .Yes you can see your photos in grid view changing the settings from all photos to On Device but the problem is when you have to change you whatsapp DP or Facebook Profile pic ,at the time of selecting photo from your device ,it shows all photos not separately in grid view so if you have 1000 pics then it seems so bothering to scroll down everytime. Is there any way to install Gallery that we had in Kit kat version ? I tried to install it from Play Store but it gives error at last.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Gallery app has been replaced by Photos but the view of this app is not so good .Yes you can see your photos in grid view changing the settings from all photos to On Device but the problem is when you have to change you whatsapp DP or Facebook Profile pic ,at the time of selecting photo from your device ,it shows all photos not separately in grid view so if you have 1000 pics then it seems so bothering to scroll down everytime. Is there any way to install Gallery that we had in Kit kat version ? I tried to install it from Play Store but it gives error at last.

Yeah, that is a pain. But, is it the fault of the Photos app or the fault of WhatsApp/Facebook/et al. Difficult to say just yet.

shahyashr

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Check this link..found it in another thread..
androidcentral.us/2014/01/download-android-4-4-kitkat-stock-apps-for-your-android

It contains few android kitkat apps incl.Gallery which you can install in your new android version.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21