Hi.

Is there any tool that can enable Volume rocker wake on Lollipop? I've always used custom ROMs that have this feature built in, and now I'm playing with the stock Lollipop and lack of this function is killing me. I'd look for Xposed modules, except that Xposed doesn't support Lollipop yet. Any help would be appreciated.
    11-16-2014 06:33 PM
    Bump.
    11-22-2014 04:30 PM
    Hi.

Is there any tool that can enable Volume rocker wake on Lollipop? I've always used custom ROMs that have this feature built in, and now I'm playing with the stock Lollipop and lack of this function is killing me.
    I'm pretty sure any (consistently reliable) method outside of a custom ROM or Xposed would have to prevent your device from entering deep sleep, in order to monitor your button touches (see: Tasker). Otherwise, if you're ready to jump from stock, Cataclysm ROM has been updated to 5.0 and includes this feature. I'm thinking of flashing myself, as a stopgap until Xposed rolls in.
    daihard2008 likes this.
    11-25-2014 06:21 AM
    I'm pretty sure any (consistently reliable) method outside of a custom ROM or Xposed would have to prevent your device from entering deep sleep, in order to monitor your button touches (see: Tasker). Otherwise, if you're ready to jump from stock, Cataclysm ROM has been updated to 5.0 and includes this feature. I'm thinking of flashing myself, as a stopgap until Xposed rolls in.
    Thanks for the reply. I in fact flashed Cataclysm myself a couple of days ago - right after I "bumped" this thread. The initial beta did not include Volume Rocker Wake, but loving to play with custom ROMs, I thought I'd try Cataclysm out. Lo and behold, the incremental update added the feature yesterday (like you said).

I'm pretty happy with Cataclysm so far. It is just as stable as the stock Lollipop and already has quite a few nice features including VRW, Smart Radio, Kill All Recent Apps, etc., for such an early beta.
    11-25-2014 10:47 AM