Hi gang, Nexus 5 here. Few issues that, well... ugh..... i don't know what they were thinking & how do we change them back.

First issue: When you get into your phone from sleep, it automatically goes to your PHONE/RECENT CALL list. Before it just went to desktop. How to turn this annoying thing off so it goes back to desktop from sleep. Now you have to do an extra step to swipe to get out of the stupid PHONE/RECENT CALLS, if i want to make call i'll go there on my own.

2nd issue : The center button to get into your apps. It used to be transparent, and the apps were also on transparent background. Now it is all on white and it's ugly as ****, How can we change it back to a transparent background?

3rd issue: EMAIL/GMAIL - now it doesnt matter if you click on EMAIL icon or GMAIL icon, it takes you to same email. How to change it back to just have GMAIL for GMAIL an the other email ..well for another non GMAIL. HAving them all in one EMAIL and having to choose which email to go to can get a bit funky.

4th issue: Contacts, for some reason the first 30 Contacts are "NO CONTACTS" - i suppose it is a bug?

I know most of these are things that I got used to, however, i'm sure i'm not the only one.

any help would be appreciated

thanks everyone
    11-17-2014 04:23 PM
    First issue: When you get into your phone from sleep, it automatically goes to your PHONE/RECENT CALL list. Before it just went to desktop. How to turn this annoying thing off so it goes back to desktop from sleep. Now you have to do an extra step to swipe to get out of the stupid PHONE/RECENT CALLS, if i want to make call i'll go there on my own.
    You must be swiping the navbar from left to right. That invokes the phone dialer. Just swipe up the lock icon in the centre - that will wake the phone up in one step.

3rd issue: EMAIL/GMAIL - now it doesnt matter if you click on EMAIL icon or GMAIL icon, it takes you to same email. How to change it back to just have GMAIL for GMAIL an the other email ..well for another non GMAIL. HAving them all in one EMAIL and having to choose which email to go to can get a bit funky.
    Gmail can now handle multiple accounts including IMAP and Exchange. No need to have multiple e-mail clients anymore.
    vosamour likes this.
    11-17-2014 04:32 PM
    yes i was swiping left to right... ugh..... i suppose i got used to it.. now if i swipe right to left it turns on the bloody camera.. hahahaha omg... the only way is to swipe up or on an angle and up... lol.. seriously. Why didnt they make that the other way if you want so bad to go to your calls swipe in some strange fashion. Most ppl swipe left to right.

Is there a way to change the swiping???

ya the email thing thats just a personal preference, all the emails are all in one client(i'm just set in old stupid ways and i like to have **** separate)

thanks for the info

You must be swiping the navbar from left to right. That invokes the phone dialer. Just swipe up the lock icon in the centre - that will wake the phone up in one step.

Gmail can now handle multiple accounts including IMAP and Exchange. No need to have multiple e-mail clients anymore.
    daihard2008 likes this.
    11-17-2014 04:38 PM
    About the EMAIL/GMAIL icons

If it is all in one now, why do they give you two icons? If they both do the same thing. And you cant uninstall either of them.
    11-17-2014 05:21 PM