Where is the gallery icon in the new Lollipop 5.0 for Nexus 5?

Jkay_21

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Where is the gallery icon in the new Lolipop 5.0 for Nexus 5

Not able to view the gallery in this new lolipop 5.0 version. Previously Kitkat had 2 apps such as Gallery and Photos to view images and videos. This 5.0 has only one app, which is photo. Has the name of the gallery app been changed or do we have to manually add this app?

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where is the gallery icon in the new Lolipop 5.0 for Nexus 5

Not able to view the gallery in this new lolipop 5.0 version. Previously Kitkat had 2 apps such as Gallery and Photos to view images and videos. This 5.0 has only one app, which is photo. Has the name of the gallery app been changed or do we have to manually add this app?

My gut feeling is that Gallery is gone. I miss it. Gallery was a lot easier to use than Photos...

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

Looks like we have a lot of duplicate threads about the Gallery app (or lack thereof). :)

I tried QuickPic briefly this morning. I didn't like the way it syncs with Picasa so uninstalled it. I'm now getting (slowly) used to the Photos app. The only gripe I have so far is that you can't seem to delete local photos without deleting the back up copies on the server.

Fhdiakgn Grpf

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

I would like to know is there still an option to make a tiny planet out of photo sphere? The option used to exist in the Gallery, but since the gallery is gone, it seems like Photos doesn't have this option.

I WANT MY TINY PLANET BACK! :'(

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Can anyone figure out how the albums are sorted in the new Photo app? It does not seem to be in any order I can understand or control.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone figure out how the albums are sorted in the new Photo app? It does not seem to be in any order I can understand or control.

At a quick glance, it looks to me as thought the albums are sorted in chronological order. I'm not 100% sure, though.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

I don't think so. Maybe order in which I last looked at them? It looks to me like they are all over the place. I'll probably change to QuikPic.

Josquine

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Go on line and you can access albums from a drop down menu on the left once you're in photos.

Pooruraj Udgata

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Hey guys just found the option to view all items which were saved in the Gallery->
Go to Photos - Tap those 3 lines on the top left and click on On device from the drop down menu and u will be able to find all the items there-- But i wish we had the Gallery option enabled for Android L as well :(

yogeshsharma

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Hey i found the solution . Take gallery APK from previous version and install in the latest android and gallery will be there . :)

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

Hey i found the solution . Take gallery APK from previous version and install in the latest android and gallery will be there . :)
Can you access the Google Picasa albums, though? My Gallery app used to do it in KitKat, and I just installed it on Lollipop but it doesn't show my online pictures anymore.

Roshawnda Walker

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm not fond of the photos app for this very reason, unable to sort albums but I've tried the My Roll app, and it seems to be a good alternative.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

The only gripe I have so far is that you can't seem to delete local photos without deleting the back up copies on the server.

Yes you can. Open the sidebar in the Photos app, click 'On Device' and there, you'll be able to view and delete the albums on your device.

Posted via the Android Central App

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

Yes you can. Open the sidebar in the Photos app, click 'On Device' and there, you'll be able to view and delete the albums on your device.
That was my bad. It does work as you described. Thanks!

Kylegap

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

I would like to know is there still an option to make a tiny planet out of photo sphere? The option used to exist in the Gallery, but since the gallery is gone, it seems like Photos doesn't have this option.

I WANT MY TINY PLANET BACK! :'(

I'm looking for it too!! Where is it? Is it just gone? That sucks! Why removing nice features!???!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I would just like to make sure that everyone is aware of this fact: Albums and Folders are NOT the same thing.

When you set the Photos app to display Albums, you see one thing. When you set it to "On Device" you see the photos arranged according to folders which you may (or may not) have previously setup on your device. For example, even though Gallery did not have a folder management tool, I routinely connected my Nexus 5 to my PC and then used Windows Explorer to create folders as needed and move images/videos around to suit my liking.

When I set the Photos app to display "On Device" I see all my folders and the images within them. On the other hand, when I set Photos to display Albums I see nothing at all. Why? Because I never bothered with Picasa or its Album functionality.

See https://support.google.com/picasa/answer/15253?hl=en

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis