Now you have Android 5.0, what do you think of it

Kevin Hill2

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Seems like a lot of excitement for a little bit of nothing. I like getting the next new update as much as the next guy, but this seems way over hyped , in a lot of ways it seems like a step back in design, looks like art deco meets the Jetsons . I'm sure it is new and improved under the hood, but I have to look at the Hood every day, and I really don't care for the new paint color. what do you think ?

Chase Lilly

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my Nexus 7 2013 and updated through side loading. I have not had any of the issues people are complaining about.

Everything looks nice and overall I like it. I use action launcher so for the most part things look the same unless I am in settings. Would be nice to go with a darker color there.

The standby battery time is my favorite change though. I only lost 1% overnight!

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a custom ROM with tons of nice extra features, I still love Lollipop. Its Priority mode easily replaces the "quiet hours" my custom ROM (AOKP) had. I like the way the notifications are handled, too. Both English and Japanese keyboards are better - partly with Material Design. I can now switch between them with a single tap. That's the only thing I've missed from iOS since I converted 2 and a half years ago, and it's no longer an issue. I'm very happy. :)

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Not convinced about this recent penchant for mobile devices to have flat, bland, undefined icons and keyboards - soon, we're gonna have vague, pastel hieroglyphics referencing apps that no one will remember what they are, what they do, or how to access their functions.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Some things are really good and some are meh. Overall android is turning into a better phone OS. The dialer, new messenger app, contacts, etc. are better.

Rim85

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Graphics are nice, notifications are OK, no problems but nothing to sweat waiting on either.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I personally *love* it.

It seems to resolve most longstanding issues with Android related mostly to performance and security. The visual overhaul and 60 FPS animations are also great.

Also the new manual camera controls and RAW support is great too.

lume80

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I have the nexus 7 (2013) and since updating to 5.0 lollipop I'm having a huge playback issue I can't watch any videos on YouTube the web and other various apps.

Posted via Android Central App

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I just did a factory reset seems to work so far.

Posted via the Android Central App

1416421441933.jpg

If you enable developer options in Android 5.0 Lollipop, it automatically activates the Nuplayer as well.

This is an experimental video player and causes issues when playing videos, turn this off(or maybe even turn off developer options completely) and you shouldn't encounter any more issues with videos.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I think it's huge, it's just unless you dig around and try all the new stuff it's easy to think it's all skin deep.

I love the trusted devices for smart lock, pinning, etc...

The absolute best thing is the tiny incoming call notifications. Not losing your entire screen every time the phone rings is insanely great.

Lock screen notifications are awesome. Been missing that since WebOS.

The dialer is even better - a refinement of the ideas put forth in the Nexus 5 dialer.

I could go on and on.

Kevin Hill2

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I had to do a reset after the update on my 2012 Nexus tablet, it was running so slow , but after the reset it is running great, I am getting used to it , and some of it is really great, But I still think it was and is way over hyped.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I had to do a reset after the update on my 2012 Nexus tablet, it was running so slow , but after the reset it is running great, I am getting used to it , and some of it is really great, But I still think it was and is way over hyped.

I'm there with ya, it does seem hype played a big part in the delivery of this new coat of paint on the OS...or thats how i thought originally, like a month ago. Now that ive been using it for a week, im actually starting to see the minor changes that as a whole make the experience much better. Again, I wasnt using any custom roms...just stock google launcher. So maybe the changes seem bigger from that prospective.