10-06-2016 10:03 AM
111 1234 ...
tools
    Just curious, N4Newbie, did you update via OTA or did you flash the factory image? I did the latter and haven't run into any issue with Lollipop on my Nexus 5, either. I'm wondering if the OTA update process could be part of the culprit.
    I flashed the factory image.
    daihard2008 likes this.
    11-19-2014 07:48 PM
    I flashed the factory image.
    Thanks. Well it still only makes two, but I now wonder about those who are having problems...
    11-19-2014 08:16 PM
    I've noticed the same thing. Just updated my Nexus 5 to Lollipop OTA and I've noticed that battery charging is much slower (I too tend to charge via USB as I'm at my PC most of the day, and the cable isn't long enough to reach the nearest power socket).
    11-19-2014 11:50 PM
    My Nexus 5 charges extremly slow aswell. I've got 33% and the projected time for fully charged is 11 hours (!!!) I use the original charger connected to a wall socket.

I've not modified the phone in any way, and updated the phone by clicking the notice in the phone (i dont know what you call that update process..)
    11-20-2014 06:47 AM
    After being updating my Nexus 5 OS to Loli Pop there is an error in my phone. I receive the call and the phone is also ringing but display is not coming when the phone is lock. When I press the lock key than I am able to see the caller details.
    11-20-2014 07:16 AM
    Anyone help please
    11-20-2014 10:25 AM
    My Nexus 5 charges extremly slow aswell. I've got 33% and the projected time for fully charged is 11 hours (!!!) I use the original charger connected to a wall socket.

I've not modified the phone in any way, and updated the phone by clicking the notice in the phone (i dont know what you call that update process..)
    So it does seem like people who updated via OTA are having slow battery charging issues. I wonder what the difference may be between the two processes (OTA vs manual flash) that can cause problems like this?
    11-20-2014 10:35 AM
    I installed via OTA, and my charging seems fine. I'm using the 1.2A charger and am currently at 24%, saying just over 2 hours to fully charge.

my battery life on the other hand doesn't really seem all that much better than it was on kitkat.
    daihard2008 likes this.
    11-20-2014 11:02 AM
    I charged my phone for the main part of the work hours, total time ~7h. I got the battery from 0% to 41% charged. I used the phone normally after that. About 3 hours later the battery was down to 15%. My phone is pretty much useless at this time!!!

I guess it obvious to most, but just to be clear. If the phone is turned off, it charges at normal speed. So it's nothing wrong with the charger itself.
    11-20-2014 01:54 PM
    Sometimes they would put "SS" (for super speed) for USB 3.0 ports instead of using blue color.
    11-20-2014 02:30 PM
    Problem may not be with charging, rather battery leaking, making the charging look bad.

For OTA on my phone,the numbers make sense.
    • on USB 3.0, the time to fully charge from 0% is shown as 3 hours
    • on USB 2.0, it shows as 6 hours (2300/500 = ~5 hours)

During charging, the moment I start using phone, it charges much-much slower than that before update.

See my battery discharge pattern.
    Extremely slow battery charging on Nexus 5 after updating to lollipop-screenshot_2014-11-20-15-38-52.jpg

1. When screen is on, battery drains heavily.
    2. During night, almost no battery discharge, an improvement.
    3. Wi-fi is shown on throughout the duration, it was turned on only during night. But breakup shows wi-fi takes only 6% of battery, so that should be ok
    4. Before update, breakup reported screen as taking most battery, now it is around 20%, same as Chrome (I used browser heavily)
    11-20-2014 03:03 PM
    I have a similar problem.

Nexus 5, OTA update to Lollipop, and the wireless charging has stopped working.

Anyone?

Paul
    11-21-2014 03:32 AM
    I forced OTA update the other day. Only bug so far is fast battery drain when using WiFi. No problems charging, seems to charge a little faster than before.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-21-2014 07:32 AM
    Me too!

I've upgraded to 5.0 yesterday via OTA and since then I've been experiencing problems with recharging the battery!
    In 3h the battery got from 0 to 40% using the charger provided with the phone.

I've tried the factory reset as google support indicated, but it seems to be the same!

Anyone has a solution for this problem?
    11-21-2014 09:31 AM
    I strongly suspect there are a number of incompatible apps out there which are responsible for these problems.

One thing I would like to know of you folks having "charging" issues, do you have Play Store configured to automatically install app updates? If not, I would expect all sorts of problems with a new OS.
    11-21-2014 09:45 AM
    Well, I don't think it's related to the apps, because I left my phone charging on the wall switched off ... in 4 hours it charged 40%... I don't think the apps are running with the phone switched off.. :S

And also, this was after making a factory reset, with only the default google apps installed on my phone!
    11-21-2014 10:20 AM
    15 hours to charge my Nexus 7 with it's charger. Then when it comes on it crashes constantly and apps don't work. Thanks Google.
    11-21-2014 11:25 AM
    we solved my problem of not being able to charge my phone while the device was on. I was on the phone with Google tech support for 2 hours this morning. We deleted lollipop from my Nexus 5 and reinstalled Kit Kat. That solved all of my problems. I am going to hold off quite a while before reinstalling lollipop

Posted via the Android Central App
    misterbear54 likes this.
    11-21-2014 02:14 PM
    That's what I intended to do when I called Google. Instead they told me to do a factory reset and see the results.

I've been charging the device all day. May be my impression, but it seems that it's charging a bit faster now, however not as fast as it was charging when I had Kit Kat installed.
    11-21-2014 04:00 PM
    I have seem to have this same problem but on my Nexus 4. I used the official google wireless charger (the one you get from the playstore) and after flashing the 5.0 OTA onto the phone it now seems to take ~8 hours to change the phone from about 20% it used to take only 3ish. Really annoying looking at the battery meter it seems to be charging at a steady rate just really really slow
    11-21-2014 07:50 PM
    I am having the exact same problem. I've tried using the charger that came with my Nexus, one that came with my father's phone, and a generic one. After 20 minutes on the charger, it is only at 1% (from having died previously.)
    I also have the phone now shutting down if I use it on the charger. It never used to do this.
    Have had this problem the past three days since updating to lollipop via factory image. It currently says my phone will take 9 hours to complete a full charge on the lock screen.
    11-21-2014 09:41 PM
    That's what I intended to do when I called Google. Instead they told me to do a factory reset and see the results.

I've been charging the device all day. May be my impression, but it seems that it's charging a bit faster now, however not as fast as it was charging when I had Kit Kat installed.
    I called the (Swedish) support and was asked to do a factory reset as well. The result is about the same as yours. The phone is charging faster now, but still noticeable slower than KitKat.
    11-22-2014 02:24 AM
    I am having the exact same problem. I've tried using the charger that came with my Nexus, one that came with my father's phone, and a generic one. After 20 minutes on the charger, it is only at 1% (from having died previously.)
    I also have the phone now shutting down if I use it on the charger. It never used to do this.
    Have had this problem the past three days since updating to lollipop via factory image. It currently says my phone will take 9 hours to complete a full charge on the lock screen.
    I too have the same problem. Before the upgrade my problem was the camera bug, my battery drains so fast but few days later it was gone then, the upgrade came but with charging issue. It says there 3 hours to complete the charging. I have noticed the slowness in when I reached 50%. I hope they cab fix this soon. I'm quite worried with the battery since this is not replaceable.
    11-22-2014 03:52 AM
    I updated from the notification on my Nexus 5, since the update my phone has been on charge for 5 hours gotten to 70% and says that I have 3 hours till fully charged. Not only this but my battery dies ridiculously fast, I left my phone with 40% with my alarm on over night and it was dead in the morning. I went to work with battery save on and having 20% as I only got that from an hour in the morning and it was dead in 4 hours of not even touching it. I am using the default wall mount with a new cable. Which would charge my phone in 2-3hours to full in KitKat 4.4. It has made my phone useless as I can hardly have the phone off the charger for more than 4 hours without it dieing.
    11-22-2014 07:55 AM
    I have a Nexus 5, and I charge it wirelessly (using the Google Qi charger).

I have not noticed any difference in charge time after the OTA update to Lollipop. I have not noticed a significant change in battery life either. My phone frequently ends the day with 60-75% battery remaining.

If you look at your Settings-Battery, what is draining the most from your phone?
    11-22-2014 11:58 AM
111 1234 ...