12-22-2015 12:16 AM
62 123
tools
    Don't know what the point of rolling back to KitKat is, since once you do, Google will automatically download 5.0 and then it will stay in notifications reminding to install until you accidentally hit it.
    No, fortunately you can get rid of the notification. I did so with the 5.0.2 notification, thanks to instructions from Brosko, another participant on these forums. Here's what he said:

"You can disabled the notification for the update by long pressing it then selecting app info and then when it takes you to the play services app info screen uncheck the enable notifications box to disable notifications."

I followed his instructions, and the 5.0.2 notification hasn't returned. I was at first worried that all notifications would stop, including those from Play Store, but that's not the case. The only notification that no longer appears is the one for 5.0.2. My Nexus 7 (2013) is very happy to stay on KitKat 4.4.4.

I hope this helps.
    03-05-2015 11:46 AM
    No, fortunately you can get rid of the notification. I did so with the 5.0.2 notification, thanks to instructions from Brosko, another participant on these forums. Here's what he said:

"You can disabled the notification for the update by long pressing it then selecting app info and then when it takes you to the play services app info screen uncheck the enable notifications box to disable notifications."

I followed his instructions, and the 5.0.2 notification hasn't returned. I was at first worried that all notifications would stop, including those from Play Store, but that's not the case. The only notification that no longer appears is the one for 5.0.2. My Nexus 7 (2013) is very happy to stay on KitKat 4.4.4.

I hope this helps.
    I have an HTC One M7. Long-pressing on the notification took me to something called Updater which had the notification checkbox greyed out, but I unchecked the box for Google Play Services and then cleared the data in Updater which got rid of the notification, huzzah.

I might eventually update but for now I'm happy to stay on Kit Kat with my beloved ticker.
    03-14-2015 04:03 AM
    To want KitKat application back
    05-11-2015 08:07 AM
    Hi all,
    I created this account just to share with you guys about my experience on downgrading my OS back to Kitkat.

I own a Nexus 7 (2012) Wifi tablet. had previously upgraded the OS all the way to 5.1.1, believing that things would get better with each OS upgrade. and obviously it did not.

I installed the Nexus Root Toolkit, as I have seen a number of successful experiences.
    What I have done :
    1. Ensure the selections of device type and current running OS are correct. (Your Model Type)
    2. Ensure the drivers are installed correctly. (Initial Setup)
    3. Backup my files
    4. Unlock the device (Unlock bootloader)
    5. Flash stock to Kitkat Ver 4.4.4. (Restore/Upgrade/Downgrade).
    I did this twice as my first attempt failed. In my first attempt, the Current Status was selected at "Device is on/Normal" (the 2nd radio button) and in my second attempt, I selected the "Soft-bricked/bootloop" radio button. Your experience may differ from mine, so if you may only need to follow the default selection.
    6. Lock the device by clicking "OEM Lock" button. (Reloack Bootloader)
    7. The device should reboot and direct to the initial device settings. Done !

Hope this helps !
    Seriously, I think wugfresh and the team did a great job!
    dynaMOna and Grosze like this.
    07-04-2015 03:54 PM
    I'm liking lollipop quite a bit. I used nova launcher to give me the KitKat app drawer back but other than that I think lollipop improved everything.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I had never heard of nova launcher. You are my hero! That`s the only thing that peeved me about lollipop. Other than the white backgrounds, which I can deal with. Thank you! lol
    10-07-2015 10:37 PM
    Installed Lollipop on my Nexus 5 yesterday.

Now Email sucks. Twitter is not working.
    Some controls have been hidden(moved further back).
    White backgrounds are too harsh... etc etc.

I want my KitKat back.

Any ideas on how I can get there ?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ow-tested.html
    10-10-2015 04:10 PM
    Hi every one.Warm Greetings to one and all,
    I'm sorry to say but it's not that easy job, to downgrade from Lollipop to Kitkat So....
    The best part is that better stay in Lollipop and wait for further Update from Google. Eventually you can change the custom settings for your desired problem. They are specified if you cant find them, Definitely some one will help you in solving them.
    Some of the major 'Cant find' difficulty in Lollipop are:
    1.Photos instead of gallery
    2.Extra-long-log in-time (extra swipe to log in)
    3.extra-google-apps
    The only Positive is:
    1.Having a Torch with out any app.
    11-05-2015 06:59 AM
    If that was the level of problems I am experiencing I certainly wouldn't be on here complaining
    11-05-2015 07:00 AM
    Installed Lollipop on my Nexus 5 yesterday.

Now Email sucks. Twitter is not working.
    Some controls have been hidden(moved further back).
    White backgrounds are too harsh... etc etc.

I want my KitKat back.

Any ideas on how I can get there ?
    11-17-2015 02:59 AM
    Just do a factory reset, lollipop is more brilliant than KitKat

Sent from my Lenovo A5000 using Android Central
    11-26-2015 09:19 PM
    Any consolation... I miss Kit Kat too! Absolutely hate Lollipop. But unfortunately, once installed you can't go back unless you root.
    12-01-2015 09:54 AM
    Thanks for the GREAT advice, for the Nexus 7 WiFi (2012) tablet !!!
    Wow - Did that help! KitKat rocks!
    12-22-2015 12:16 AM
62 123