Hi,

I got the Lollypop OTA update yesterday and have been unable to run my Nook app since then.

I've uninstalled the app and have re-downloaded the Nook v3.5.1.5 apk again from a 3rd party (in Canada, can't install through Play). However, when I get to the screen displaying the 'Cancel' and 'Install' buttons, nothing happens when I click on 'Install'.

Any thoughts on why this isn't working?
    Thanks,
    Jens
    11-18-2014 12:01 PM
    Well, do you know for certain that the app is Android 5.0 compatible?

Have you enabled Unknown sources for app install? Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources.
    11-18-2014 12:10 PM
    I have the same problem on Nexus 7 2013. I have enabled unknown sources but when pressed the install key does nothing. I was trying to install a previous version of Netflix but now see it occurs always.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-18-2014 12:21 PM
    >>Have you enabled Unknown sources for app install? Settings -> Security -> Unknown sources.
    Yes, it was enabled.

>>Well, do you know for certain that the app is Android 5.0 compatible?
    Good point. No, I don't. I used the same apk between Jellybean and Kit Kat, so thought that it should work here. Is there any way to know for sure, other than the "Install button does nothing" clue?

Cheers
    11-18-2014 12:27 PM
    Ask the developer?
    11-18-2014 12:41 PM
    Same problem here
    11-18-2014 12:42 PM
    Regarding the Nook app and assuming we are talking specifically about this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=bn.ereader

The comments would indicate that it is not Lollipop compatible. Be sure to change the comments dropdown from "Helpfulness" to "Newest."
    11-18-2014 12:46 PM
    Thanks. Looks like I (we) just have to wait for the next version to be released.
    11-18-2014 02:00 PM
    I don't know the app you're mentioning, but I was having the same problem with a keyboard app, then I found this and it worked for me (surprisingly for me, it was the last one the one that worked), hope it helps:

"There are a few reasons why the install button might not work. Please try the following steps to resolve the issue:

Check application security settings on your phone.
    Go into application security settings on your phone
    Check the box marked ‘Unknown sources’, which allows installation of apps from unknown sources
    Check the box marked ‘Verify apps’, which allows installation of apps that may cause harm

Uninstall the existing SwiftKey Japanese app you installed before.
    This occasionally blocks the new updated version because the app name is the same

Disable an application that is related to screen brightness or battery saving if you have installed such an app on your phone:
    It blocks an apk file installation and the install button does not work. Therefore, please disable the apps before attempting to install the apk file."
    12-16-2014 07:23 PM
    Disable an application that is related to screen brightness or battery saving if you have installed such an app on your phone:
    It blocks an apk file installation and the install button does not work. Therefore, please disable the apps before attempting to install the apk file."
    This problem was reported by users of Lux in particular, although it was supposedly fixed by a recent update.
    12-17-2014 07:53 AM
    Had this issuewhen trying to install fdroid. Also had lux installed. Went into lux settings - advanced and unchecked enable lux service. apk installed successfully. Re-enabled lux.
    05-06-2015 05:46 PM
    Had this issuewhen trying to install fdroid. Also had lux installed. Went into lux settings - advanced and unchecked enable lux service. apk installed successfully. Re-enabled lux.
    Thanks, it helps. I'm on lollipop 5.0.1, LG G2
    ktnishchith gowda likes this.
    05-20-2015 01:20 AM
    Thank you for your answer. it is really worked. I am using Lava iris X8. Disable Lux Brightness & install. its worked,
    06-10-2016 06:05 AM