Play Music lockscreen widget in Lollipop gone? Frustration while driving.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Update: the car home ultra app did a nice job for the 12 hour drive. There was a bug with the speed alert only working when I set a custom phrase, but otherwise it was nice. The music controls are huge, though I wish I could fast forward and rewind like kitkat because that's still not available. :(

Anyway, the app is nice and I paid for the pro version to donate. Thanks for the recommendation!

Posted via Android Central App

Ayas Mishra

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I am positively hating this. I miss lockscreen widgets. I used to be able to quickly jot down notes with keep, control my playback with google play. I do not want to see my notifications on the lockscreen, i want to see my widgets which do not hold sensitive info. I know i can keep my notifications private but the area of the lockscreen is simply useless when you do that. It SUCKS DONKEY BALLS. I feel like yanking my hair out. Just for this crap i feel like designing my own lockscreen app.

bestcraig

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
Hay jonneh I just found a way to have your music on the lock screen so u can change it when ever u want.

To do this u have to go under the settings > sound and notifications then there should be at the bottom of the page notifications while locked change it from do not show any notification to show all contents

This will then allow you to see your notification on the lock screen also including the music bar.

I hope this help everyone

waseem233

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Play Music lockscreen widget in Lollipop gone- NO my dear

go to setting ,sound and notification and select (when device is locked) show all notification

i think you able to use.....

rcade7

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop has reduced the music play lock screen widget to Just Pause and Skip in a small notification, making no sense at all to the music enthusiasts who uses their phone as an MP3 player, walkman, ipod (whatever you wish to call it). Lollipop should have added more features to the music player considering Google want's us to use their Play store to purchase music.

I have downgraded to Kit Kat 4.4.4
I will not go back to Lollipop
I am looking for a new phone that has the best features for a music player. If this ends up being iphone then so be it.

Features I want in a lock screen for a music player:
  • Displaying my artwork....BIG....hello! Whats the point of paying for these beautiful big screens?
  • ALL basic operational features such as PLAY, PAUSE, SKIP FORWARD and SKIP BACK
  • Fast forward or touch and drag through a track
  • Volume control on screen as well as via the volume rocker
  • Shuffle & Repeat
  • Like (Thumbs up or add as favourite)
  • All on screen functions large enough to touch. Important for when you're in motion, (in the car) or if you have fingers bigger than pointy little stick.

For me these are not negotiable, especially when I'm using my phone in the Car or in the Gym. Life moves fast and I don't have time to fuss around with notifications and the like. I want my music up front and ready to go.

I'm so disappointed with Lollipop. All this hoo-ha and for nothing.

Kevin Galbraith

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
You sir are awesome I now have the music controls back on my galaxy s5 lock screen I've been looking at how to get it back on for ages so I just had to sign up and type this to thank you it works go to settings-sounds and notifications- while locked- and choose which one you prefer they. both show music controls on lock screen :)

TapControl

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys! I have a new solution to all of this!

I just released a music control app. With it you can control music playback by tapping the sides of your phone (left and right to play/pause, top and bottom to skip tracks) without even turning your screen on.

It's called TapControl, one word. Find it on the Play store.

It is a dollar, but refundable if not what you are looking for. I just released this, and would love some feedback too. I am a third year computer science student at UC Davis, and this is my first Android app. Thanks!

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Lollipop has reduced the music play lock screen widget to Just Pause and Skip in a small notification, making no sense at all to the music enthusiasts who uses their phone as an MP3 player, walkman, ipod (whatever you wish to call it). Lollipop should have added more features to the music player considering Google want's us to use their Play store to purchase music.

I have downgraded to Kit Kat 4.4.4
I will not go back to Lollipop
I am looking for a new phone that has the best features for a music player. If this ends up being iphone then so be it.

Features I want in a lock screen for a music player:
  • Displaying my artwork....BIG....hello! Whats the point of paying for these beautiful big screens?
  • ALL basic operational features such as PLAY, PAUSE, SKIP FORWARD and SKIP BACK
  • Fast forward or touch and drag through a track
  • Volume control on screen as well as via the volume rocker
  • Shuffle & Repeat
  • Like (Thumbs up or add as favourite)
  • All on screen functions large enough to touch. Important for when you're in motion, (in the car) or if you have fingers bigger than pointy little stick.

For me these are not negotiable, especially when I'm using my phone in the Car or in the Gym. Life moves fast and I don't have time to fuss around with notifications and the like. I want my music up front and ready to go.

I'm so disappointed with Lollipop. All this hoo-ha and for nothing.

Exactly what I'm talking about. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Note: For everyone replying talking about going to the notifications in Settings, that's not what this thread is talking about. We're talking about the benefits provided through the actual (and full-screen) Widget, not a tiny (and expandable to medium) notification. The notification in Lollipop doesn't even provide fast-forward and reverse. It's just pause, play, previous track, and next track. The once beautiful album art is reduced to a tiny thumbnail. Not only does it visually look worse than what we previously had in Android, but it is less functional as well. THAT is what this thread is about.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys! I have a new solution to all of this!

I just released a music control app. With it you can control music playback by tapping the sides of your phone (left and right to play/pause, top and bottom to skip tracks) without even turning your screen on.

It's called TapControl, one word. Find it on the Play store.

It is a dollar, but refundable if not what you are looking for. I just released this, and would love some feedback too. I am a third year computer science student at UC Davis, and this is my first Android app. Thanks!

This is a pretty nifty idea; I like it. I couldn't get it to work right every time while sitting on the couch, so I kept practicing. I did get it to play the next track, pause, and play again, but I never did get it to go to the previous track when tapping the top or bottom. It would only interpret it as skipping to the next track again. I will fool around with it a bit more. Thanks for creating such a neat service. :)

TapControl

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for checking out my app Jonneh! There is no previous track functionality. Just play/pause with the sides, and next track with either the top or bottom. I'm struggling to communicate to users how to use it immediately, it usually takes a minute or two of practice. Im working on an animation to show how to use, and have also revised the ugly paragraph in the "how to use..." section.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I got'cha now! I was thinking tapping *such-and-such* side of the phone (left or right) would either pause or play, depending on which side you tapped; tapping the top or bottom of the phone would either skip forward or play the previous track, depending on which side you tapped. I understand it better now. I'll keep playing with it. I refunded for now just because I'm paranoid like that (I know you said you'd refund after Google's window, sorry), but I'll have to try it out again in the actual car tomorrow on the way to work. Although it doesn't solve everything, at least it is 100x's safer to use while driving. :)

TapControl

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Keeping your eyes off the phone while driving was one of my biggest inspirations. I look forward to hearing how it works for you tomorrow. Thanks again!

schramer4

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
This thread is almost as annoying as Lollipoop. You've hit the nail on the head. My HTC One M8 used to let me use (from the lock screen) the music app... the WHOLE app with all of its functionality. I could even CHANGE THE ARTIST IF I DARED (imagine?!?!?!) and not just skip one song forward. It is LAUGHABLE to me that it is 2015 and we are basically asking for our phones to be as good as it was before this update, or at LEAST as good as the first ever ipod. This is brutal. Literally one of the features I loved the most and used the most! Listening to music? Pass it to a friend... let them pick whatever song they want! Now I can't use my TV remote either. Best part is? You can edit all of my settings now though... haha turn off my data and wifi after you steal my phone... what an "update" fail!

Exactly what I'm talking about. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Note: For everyone replying talking about going to the notifications in Settings, that's not what this thread is talking about. We're talking about the benefits provided through the actual (and full-screen) Widget, not a tiny (and expandable to medium) notification. The notification in Lollipop doesn't even provide fast-forward and reverse. It's just pause, play, previous track, and next track. The once beautiful album art is reduced to a tiny thumbnail. Not only does it visually look worse than what we previously had in Android, but it is less functional as well. THAT is what this thread is about.

Itachy04

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Dont know if anyone is interested, but try Lock Screen MP3 player. It does let you seek and even change background. This is what mine looks like.Screenshot_2015-02-18-09-37-47.jpg

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I have to totally agree. I'm really unimpressed with music options regarding, Spotify, Google Music, Lollipop and using my phone as a player. This stuff should not be rocket science.

ilovecookies7

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Ok I too had the same issue with the mp3 player controls no longer appearing on my lock screen along with notifications. I have a solution. Follow this path and it should fix i. I use a note 4 but shouldn't be that different. Go to settings>device>sounds and notifications >click while locked and choose show all content. This should fix it or you can individually choose application notifications. Hope this helps...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney