slightly screwed install of Lollipop

Hammerheads

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
So, I finally received the OTA update yesterday and installed it. Noticed that I didn't have the wallpapers that come with 5.0 and remembered that I'd previously installed Google Experience launcher. So, uninstalled it and low and behold I now have the wallpapers for 5.0. However, this left black borders at the top and bottom of the screen and a black background behind the "all applications" view.

If I reinstall Google experience launcher then I'm back to square one. Feels like a slightly botched install and had I realised then I'd have removed the app first before the upgrade. I'm assuming the ota file is cached somewhere so is it possible to reinstall over the top? Can anyone think how to rectify the issue? I certainly don't want to wipe the device and start over

Vincent Ace

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
So, I finally received the OTA update yesterday and installed it. Noticed that I didn't have the wallpapers that come with 5.0 and remembered that I'd previously installed Google Experience launcher. So, uninstalled it and low and behold I now have the wallpapers for 5.0. However, this left black borders at the top and bottom of the screen and a black background behind the "all applications" view.

If I reinstall Google experience launcher then I'm back to square one. Feels like a slightly botched install and had I realised then I'd have removed the app first before the upgrade. I'm assuming the ota file is cached somewhere so is it possible to reinstall over the top? Can anyone think how to rectify the issue? I certainly don't want to wipe the device and start over

Back up all apps and reset! You will still have lollipop because it's already installed

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar