the lockscreen is totally messed up

Empaim

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I really would like the old lockscreen back

Lockscreen widgets are gone on 5.0
I had at a Beautyful Widgets clock insted of stock, but that was just for looks.
Without the lockscreen widgets I can no longer control Play Music from the lockscreen or Youtube and Netflix, etc when using Chromecast, and that really sucks.

Unlock
I use a pin, on the old lockscreen I could put in the pin and be done, but now it's swipe first then pin which is really annoying to use 2 steps now insted of 1 - and a lot of the time I now end up ind the camera app when unlocking.

Notefications
The notefication bar is gone, which is also annoying. It was nice to just have small icons on top of the screen when locked.
And the new lockscreen notefications are just not doing the trick.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Regarding Unlock: swipe left to right to open the phone app, swipe right to left to open the camera, swipe up to simply unlock.

Posted via the Android Central App

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I understand.

But you complained about unintentionally opening the camera app so I explained that it matters which direction you swipe.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Two step unlock is now similar to iOS. Material icons and keyboard scream newest iOS. What have we bought into?

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have not tried casting anything while on 5.0, but do the controls not display on the lock screen any more? I thought that was totally separate from lock screen widgets.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Rhapsody has controls on the lock screen inside the notification. I think other apps should be controllable as well on the notifications.

Only catch is you need to have lockscreen notifications enabled.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, looks like SiriusXM doesn't yet, but as you can see Rhapsody has controls.

Screen cap of my locked phone...

0bb1d81bf8a8cb77dbded02390b8d052.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz