I got my OTA yesterday afternoon on my Nexus 5 and I love it so far. The only thing I can't figure out how to 'fix' is the apps I use that have persistent notifications. Battery Widget Reborn and I Can't Wake Up are just two apps I use that always have a notification on the notification bar because that's just how they were designed. Now, they're always on my lock screen and it clutters it up pretty badly. I've disabled notifications altogether on these apps for now, but I would still like to be able to see them in the notifications bar, just not on the lockscreen.

Does anyone know of a way around this? I'd rather not go through and set every app I have to priority except those few, but I guess I can if I have to. Then I'd have to remember to do that with each new app I download.

Thanks
    11-19-2014 12:58 PM
    I got my OTA yesterday afternoon on my Nexus 5 and I love it so far. The only thing I can't figure out how to 'fix' is the apps I use that have persistent notifications. Battery Widget Reborn and I Can't Wake Up are just two apps I use that always have a notification on the notification bar because that's just how they were designed. Now, they're always on my lock screen and it clutters it up pretty badly. I've disabled notifications altogether on these apps for now, but I would still like to be able to see them in the notifications bar, just not on the lockscreen.

Does anyone know of a way around this? I'd rather not go through and set every app I have to priority except those few, but I guess I can if I have to. Then I'd have to remember to do that with each new app I download.

Thanks
    Looks like anything that stays on the status bar will show up as a shade on the lock screen. WeatherBug does that, too, so I disabled the live notification for now. I don't think the priority mode would help here, since notifications do show up regardless. I hope the latest SDK allows an application to control the notification behaviour so that it stays on the status bar but not on the lock screen. If so, the app will just need to be updated to use that feature.
    11-19-2014 01:03 PM
    Settings---notification--app notification---select the app you want and turn it off.

Most of the apps with the persistent menu you do not need a push notification. I had to turn mine off for pebble so the "pebble is connected" would go away. I still get my alerts though.

I think it is an all or nothing thing now.
    11-19-2014 04:15 PM