06-10-2016 02:04 PM
80 1234
tools
    I accidentally upgraded to lolipop while using the phone as a flashlight - my finger hit the "accept upgrade button"

No "confirm upgrade? yes/no" screen. Phone just immediately reboots (in the middle of a project I was doing!) Poor design

I land into a bright white screen with orange headers. Poor design

Everything is white, I got this phone because it was dark and black. I use my phone mostly at night.

My messages/settings are all white. Looks ugly.

My alarm screen, the last thing I see before going to bed, is bright white/teal.

Whoever designed lolipop is pretty stupid. I absolutely hate it.

If I cannot express myself by customizing the OS, then I will express myself by abandoning the OS. This much bright white crap everywhere is unacceptable.

I thought android stood for individuality, for customization. Why am I being forced into an ugly design I would never pick if I were given a choice?

I'm gone, I'm deleting lolipop from my phone, and I'm very disappointed that this update was pushed so hard. It's disgusting.

I work at a graphics design company. The graphic designers that pushed lollipop should be embarrassed. Did they ever stop to think not everybody wants bright pastel colors on their phone? Everything is huge now too.

I can't tell you how pissed I am. Esp since I was not given the option or choice on whether or not to upgrade.

So that's it. I'm leaving the stock OS because it sucks and there is absolutely no information on when it's changing, or how to customize.

I'm disappointed in you, Samsung. I'm going to stop recommending you now.
    WELL SAID!!
    06-24-2015 06:46 PM
    Jut upgraded to lollip on my note 3 and I cant stand it. Its horrible and can I see many windows apps going doen this same route of flat design with washed out horrid colours. I think the iVomit comment pretty much summed it up for me.

Lollipo has some good features but really not a deal breaker compared to the compulsory iVomit theme. Any word on a dark descent system theme or do I revert to KitKat?
    Vasilisa Chugunova likes this.
    07-02-2015 09:57 PM
    The dark theme options are in the theme stores in the s6 and s6 edge only
    No man. Its not only s6 and s6 edge. Some other models also have the dark themes available in the theme store. E.g Galaxy A7

Note: I registered at androidcentral.com in order to reply you. Hehehe
    07-04-2015 07:10 AM
    Removed double posts
    07-04-2015 07:14 AM
    Jut upgraded to lollip on my note 3 and I cant stand it. Its horrible and can I see many windows apps going doen this same route of flat design with washed out horrid colours. I think the iVomit comment pretty much summed it up for me.

Lollipo has some good features but really not a deal breaker compared to the compulsory iVomit theme. Any word on a dark descent system theme or do I revert to KitKat?
    How does one revert to KitKat???

(I registered just to ask this question!)
    07-18-2015 03:48 PM
    I am increasingly skeptical about this claim, given the time that has passed and still no dark theme. Since reading that Lollipop M has taken away the dark theme available earlier, I am even less optimistic. So much for choices in Android---Google seems to be limiting our choices more and more as time goes by.
    ram1220, Jalopiejoe and mohit9206 like this.
    07-20-2015 09:47 AM
    I am increasingly skeptical about this claim, given the time that has passed and still no dark theme. Since reading that Lollipop M has taken away the dark theme available earlier, I am even less optimistic. So much for choices in Android---Google seems to be limiting our choices more and more as time goes by.
    Hmm..

Depends on what it comes down too, but I totally get what you mean. It's just weird that things are moving out so fast and we're seeing more and more stuff stripped instead of being added.

Lollipop was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Android, but it brought us memory leaks and battery compusiton issues with Mobile Data and Bluetooth.

Although 5.1 does fix them, I just have no desire what so ever to update my daily driver to M.
    07-21-2015 04:15 AM
    Hmm..

Depends on what it comes down too, but I totally get what you mean. It's just weird that things are moving out so fast and we're seeing more and more stuff stripped instead of being added.

Lollipop was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Android, but it brought us memory leaks and battery compusiton issues with Mobile Data and Bluetooth.

Although 5.1 does fix them, I just have no desire what so ever to update my daily driver to M.
    I wish I could get 5.1 on my Verizon Note 3. I'm still stuck on 5.0!
    07-21-2015 08:11 AM
    I wish I could get 5.1 on my Verizon Note 3. I'm still stuck on 5.0!
    Still stuck on 5.0 as well with my Note 4... And the memory leak is real.. Without any apps or background stuff going I have 1.90GB of used RAM while my Note 3 on Kit Kat is using 1.37GB. (same stuff installed, same theme, same icon pack, same launcher)

It's ridiculous. I'm using M on Nexus 5 and besides the camera lag it's so far so good... I just wish we could get a global roll out on all phones the 5.1.. Cuz the memory leak and the mobile data battery consumption is insane
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    07-21-2015 08:17 AM
    Are they going to make a decent calendar and replace those flat icons and flat design in general? this new one is really a hell. Hate it! like 90% of the rest of the lollipop tho : / very disappointing thing,, especially when it comes from google. First time in my life I started considering iPhone....
    08-17-2015 12:00 PM
    I hope the dark theme settings come soon? we are on 5.1.1 and its August 26 2015 and we still have these eye hurting, battery draining bright themes for messenger and dialer. Any word on a real ETA of the update? thanks
    08-26-2015 07:23 AM
    I hope the dark theme settings come soon? we are on 5.1.1 and its August 26 2015 and we still have these eye hurting, battery draining bright themes for messenger and dialer. Any word on a real ETA of the update? thanks
    Don't think it's going to happen.
    Google has moved on to the development of 6.0 Marshmallow! Maybe then we will get a dark theme!
    JLiRD808 likes this.
    08-26-2015 09:29 AM
    How about really dark glasses to protect your eyes? I'm old with bad eyes and having my brightness set to a little below the halfway point is sufficient for me. The battery works for me, too. But, I will admit. I don't play games.
    08-26-2015 03:27 PM
    All Google needs to do is incorporate an OS wide Night mode. Seriously how hard can that be?
    Also i am still on KitKat and i hate the bright white background in the messages app and the Gmail app.It kills my eyes using it in complete darkness. So its not like Kitkat doesn't have some annoying white stuff as well but atleast it doesn't have it anywhere else.
    tonyr6, JLiRD808 and Jalopiejoe like this.
    08-27-2015 03:22 AM
    I also incidentally got in this trap, I absolutely agree with Jalopiejoe. lollipop is awful, I don't take out it!! the white background, wild colors, fast is discharged batteries , I in rage!! I am going to return kitkat!!
    hello everybody from Russia)
    Jalopiejoe and JLiRD808 like this.
    09-13-2015 07:38 AM
    Google loves white themes and like to make everything look kid like even thought they are the exact opposite of kid friendly. Just look at Safesearch and Youtube kids not kid friendly but that is another rant.

Still even if they don't want to do a dark theme why can't they allow third party developers to make dark themes without rooting. You can use custom launchers but the white themes in there apps and settings is terrible. I also choose the darkest theme possible on third party apps (like Textra) if the app itself allows it
    Jalopiejoe and JLiRD808 like this.
    09-13-2015 09:24 AM
    I'm only at 5 posts, so I can't post links. If u Google "Dark Theme Marshmallow" you will see lots of stories about how Google has DISABLED the dark theme AGAIN!!!

What is the fkn problem with dark theme??? I don't get why giving us the option is so forbidden, especially for us with anoled screens (and night time users)!!!
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    09-18-2015 12:08 PM
    I'm visually impaired, and have been a Iphone 4s user for four years. Due to moving to another tele provider, and had to change sim card, I was forced to Upgrade from my well functioning ios 5.1 to ios 9.01. This made my phone to a lightening bomb, just white backgrounds, Keyboards, dialer and more. The Accessibility went below zero. I was just to change to android, but as I read, and realiaze, the same **** has happened to the last android Lollipop!
    I can see that there are lots of People here hating the white backgrounds, and I can tell you all that most visually impaired People have great trouble using this Interface! That is: both Apple ad Google are discriminating visually impaired People With this layout. This is far from universal design, which is statutory in the us and many other countries.
    Guess I have to wait another while before changing to android. :-(
    ps: sorry for my bad English!
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    10-20-2015 02:59 PM
    Use the 'black sky' theme
    It works really good for me
    S6

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-20-2015 08:26 PM
    and where did you get that?

10-24-2015 08:48 PM
    Just go settings, themes, and then go to the themes store. It will show up in there somewhere

10-29-2015 09:03 AM
    Great News
    10-31-2015 07:31 PM
    Just go settings, themes, and then go to the themes store. It will show up in there somewhere

I can't find anything like this in "Settings". Please help!
    11-05-2015 09:29 AM
    I can't find anything like this in "Settings". Please help!
    There's nothing like that if you use the stock Android. Some custom ROMs support the Theme Engine, in which case the "Themes" menu appears somewhere in the Settings menu. At least that's my recollection from 5.1.1, and I don't think that has changed with 6.0
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    11-05-2015 08:02 PM
    A year later.... nothing. Lollipop white theme is so repulsive to me that I moved back to kitkat. Yes, stagefright vulnerable kitkat. I'm willing to sacrifice my security than put up with the horrific lollipop. Its almost like the lead designers in google are trying trying to sabotage their own company.
    tonyr6 likes this.
    04-06-2016 04:07 AM
80 1234