06-10-2016 02:04 PM
80 ... 234
    I felt the same about Lollipop also... hated the white UI. My left eye is half blind and has high sensitivity to light. I can so relate to these complaints when it comes to sight issues. As a resort I use 3rd party apps with dark themes for replacement. I could root but I'm not tech savvy enough for that yet. 😊 It would be nice if they made a settings feature for dark theme . I'll send a request using my settings feedback feature. However at this rate I don't think it's going to happen.

Nexus 6p

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-06-2016 07:01 AM
    What kind of phone do you have? If Samsung I've read from other bloggers that you can obtain a dark theme for this through their app store. If another phone... no options besides rooting and custom rom.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-06-2016 07:38 AM
    Have S5. Seen many dark themes but most seem amateurish to me. So prefer kitkat original theme. I'm starting to believe the LP themeing was not vetted by more than 3 or 4 individuals before signing off on it.

Cnet poll on LP: Google Android 5.0 Lollipop User Reviews - CNET
    04-07-2016 06:02 AM
    I actually logged back in for the second time ever just to join this chat about just how utterly pants the Lollipop update is!! I'm soooo annoyed that it muscled it's way onto my phone and then took it upon itself to make some pretty dam major changes to things I was perfectly happy with before. That really sucks bigtime. I have no issues with new functions, but at least make the damn things optional - not force them to take over your phone and change settings you don't want changing - particularly if there's no way to change them back!

I had a major panic once the update finished as it had automatically set my phone to some stupid power saving mode where it was so faint, I could barely see the screen. It took substantial Google research to figure out what had happened and how to fix it. This just isn't acceptable. I don't expect my phone to be in a worse position after an update than before!

And this bright white background theme is rubbish. I need snow goggles to be able read stuff. BRING ON THE DARK THEME ALREADY!!!

And I also don't like the new overlapped version of the pull down summary screen. Why the hell mess with something that was nice and clear and useable and make it so messy??

Really REALLY not impressed with this update at all

Oh! Oh!

And....I stupidly hoped that the one useful thing that might happen with the update is it would pick up and clear out the awful worm/popup thing that keeps popping up web pages on my phone. It's been happening for months and I can't find any sensible way to fix it without a full factory reset, which I'm not prepared to do. But noooo. Popups still popping up!
    05-05-2016 06:42 AM
    I think that dark theme must have gotten lost "on it's way" maybe some one should send out a search party. I own an A5 so, no theme store for me. If one more ahole suggests I invert the colors....I will punch them in the face! I have only had this phone for a month and all this damn white crap is frying my retinas and giving me migraines. the damn thing came with lollipop so I don't even have the option to roll back to kitkat. I shouldn't have to root my device just to get a dark interface!!!!!! GGGGrrrrrr,,,sorry for the rant but I needed to get that out. Anyway is there any hope for a dark theme actually getting released?
    tonyr6 likes this.
    06-10-2016 02:04 PM
80 ... 234