Dark Theme in Lollipop is on its way.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Samsung galaxy s6 and s6 edge have the theme options and lots of dark themes to chose from

How is it that the s6 and s6 edge have dark theme options?
Is it the version of Lollipop they are running? What version would that be??
Hope I could get that update for my Note 3!

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for dark theme for Lollipop. or will we have to wait till Android M which 99% of phones aren't going to get..

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Why aren't 99 percent of phones not getting m
Because that's how its always been. Phone manufacturers want you to buy their newest phones so they deliberately don't update their older models even though the older model could easily run it. This is especially true for entry level and mid range phones. Look at iPhone 4S. Its almost 4 years old but is still being supported and will get ios9.
I'm sure that any phone that can run Lollipop can also run M but even then most Lollipop phones that are not flagships won't receive M update.

kayembee

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Anything yet for the dark theme on the note 3? I hate all this white, blue,yellow and orange crap! Someone please help my eyes are going to explode!

Posted via the Android Central App

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Anything yet for the dark theme on the note 3? I hate all this white, blue,yellow and orange crap! Someone please help my eyes are going to explode!

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm with you on this!!
I posted a plea to developers a while back for a
"paid dark theme app".....
No replys as yet!!

dislikeschange

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I accidentally upgraded to lolipop while using the phone as a flashlight - my finger hit the "accept upgrade button"

No "confirm upgrade? yes/no" screen. Phone just immediately reboots (in the middle of a project I was doing!) Poor design

I land into a bright white screen with orange headers. Poor design

Everything is white, I got this phone because it was dark and black. I use my phone mostly at night.

My messages/settings are all white. Looks ugly.

My alarm screen, the last thing I see before going to bed, is bright white/teal.

Whoever designed lolipop is pretty stupid. I absolutely hate it.

If I cannot express myself by customizing the OS, then I will express myself by abandoning the OS. This much bright white crap everywhere is unacceptable.

I thought android stood for individuality, for customization. Why am I being forced into an ugly design I would never pick if I were given a choice?

I'm gone, I'm deleting lolipop from my phone, and I'm very disappointed that this update was pushed so hard. It's disgusting.

I work at a graphics design company. The graphic designers that pushed lollipop should be embarrassed. Did they ever stop to think not everybody wants bright pastel colors on their phone? Everything is huge now too.

I can't tell you how pissed I am. Esp since I was not given the option or choice on whether or not to upgrade.

So that's it. I'm leaving the stock OS because it sucks and there is absolutely no information on when it's changing, or how to customize.

I'm disappointed in you, Samsung. I'm going to stop recommending you now.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally upgraded to lolipop while using the phone as a flashlight - my finger hit the "accept upgrade button"

No "confirm upgrade? yes/no" screen. Phone just immediately reboots (in the middle of a project I was doing!) Poor design

I land into a bright white screen with orange headers. Poor design

Everything is white, I got this phone because it was dark and black. I use my phone mostly at night.

My messages/settings are all white. Looks ugly.

My alarm screen, the last thing I see before going to bed, is bright white/teal.

Whoever designed lolipop is pretty stupid. I absolutely hate it.

If I cannot express myself by customizing the OS, then I will express myself by abandoning the OS. This much bright white crap everywhere is unacceptable.

I thought android stood for individuality, for customization. Why am I being forced into an ugly design I would never pick if I were given a choice?

I'm gone, I'm deleting lolipop from my phone, and I'm very disappointed that this update was pushed so hard. It's disgusting.

I work at a graphics design company. The graphic designers that pushed lollipop should be embarrassed. Did they ever stop to think not everybody wants bright pastel colors on their phone? Everything is huge now too.

I can't tell you how pissed I am. Esp since I was not given the option or choice on whether or not to upgrade.

So that's it. I'm leaving the stock OS because it sucks and there is absolutely no information on when it's changing, or how to customize.

I'm disappointed in you, Samsung. I'm going to stop recommending you now.

WELL SAID!!

kazido

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Jut upgraded to lollip on my note 3 and I cant stand it. Its horrible and can I see many windows apps going doen this same route of flat design with washed out horrid colours. I think the iVomit comment pretty much summed it up for me.

Lollipo has some good features but really not a deal breaker compared to the compulsory iVomit theme. Any word on a dark descent system theme or do I revert to KitKat?

John Pulliam

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
kaziHow doe30939 said:
Jut upgraded to lollip on my note 3 and I cant stand it. Its horrible and can I see many windows apps going doen this same route of flat design with washed out horrid colours. I think the iVomit comment pretty much summed it up for me.

Lollipo has some good features but really not a deal breaker compared to the compulsory iVomit theme. Any word on a dark descent system theme or do I revert to KitKat?

How does one revert to KitKat???

(I registered just to ask this question!)

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I am increasingly skeptical about this claim, given the time that has passed and still no dark theme. Since reading that Lollipop M has taken away the dark theme available earlier, I am even less optimistic. So much for choices in Android---Google seems to be limiting our choices more and more as time goes by.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I am increasingly skeptical about this claim, given the time that has passed and still no dark theme. Since reading that Lollipop M has taken away the dark theme available earlier, I am even less optimistic. So much for choices in Android---Google seems to be limiting our choices more and more as time goes by.

Hmm..

Depends on what it comes down too, but I totally get what you mean. It's just weird that things are moving out so fast and we're seeing more and more stuff stripped instead of being added.

Lollipop was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Android, but it brought us memory leaks and battery compusiton issues with Mobile Data and Bluetooth.

Although 5.1 does fix them, I just have no desire what so ever to update my daily driver to M.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hmm..

Depends on what it comes down too, but I totally get what you mean. It's just weird that things are moving out so fast and we're seeing more and more stuff stripped instead of being added.

Lollipop was supposed to be the 2nd coming of Android, but it brought us memory leaks and battery compusiton issues with Mobile Data and Bluetooth.

Although 5.1 does fix them, I just have no desire what so ever to update my daily driver to M.

I wish I could get 5.1 on my Verizon Note 3. I'm still stuck on 5.0!

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I wish I could get 5.1 on my Verizon Note 3. I'm still stuck on 5.0!

Still stuck on 5.0 as well with my Note 4... And the memory leak is real.. Without any apps or background stuff going I have 1.90GB of used RAM while my Note 3 on Kit Kat is using 1.37GB. (same stuff installed, same theme, same icon pack, same launcher)

It's ridiculous. I'm using M on Nexus 5 and besides the camera lag it's so far so good... I just wish we could get a global roll out on all phones the 5.1.. Cuz the memory leak and the mobile data battery consumption is insane

Nio9

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Are they going to make a decent calendar and replace those flat icons and flat design in general? this new one is really a hell. Hate it! like 90% of the rest of the lollipop tho : / very disappointing thing,, especially when it comes from google. First time in my life I started considering iPhone....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781