Upgraded Nexus 5 to Lollipop, phone numbers and contacts missing! Help?

sacoy

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
The following worked for me
a) remove the account
b) setup the account again
c) go to contact application ---> 3 dots ... --> contact to display ---> customize ---> look at your account and make sure all boxes are ticked

good luck

ratori

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the same problem on my side...some/most of my exchange contacts disapered from my nexus while still present on my "work" exchange. What to do?

cdbmahaney

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I've had this issue on my Nexus 5 since the Lollipop update. Went to the T-Mobile store in early December who said there would be an update by the end of the month to fix these issues. Update 5.0.1 arrived and still problems. My work/Outlook email would sync (with horrible battery drain) but my work/outlook contacts were gone and my calendar wouldn't sync. I tried to export my outlook contacts to gmail but only ended up with email contacts, no #s.

Finally called 611 (T-Mobile) for tech help. Did a factory reset and re-added my Exchange account (today - 1/17/15) and LO AND BEHOLD, my contacts are back & my calendar is syncing! I won't know about the battery issue for a while (My battery would last maybe 5 hours without any use - outlook exchange even existing was eating up the battery).

But at least, for now, my calendar and work contacts are back! I didn't think this day would ever come. Hopefully it'll work for some of you.

Shibu Can

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello Guys,

Here comes the answer how to delete contact in google nexus 5 lollipop

Please go for ->Contacts -> select (...) -> click contacts to display -> customize -> click ok -> click the contact which you want to delete -> then click the pen symbol which is available in the top option -> after that again you be able to see (...) please click this there you'll get the option to delete the contact.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
Shibu chandran

Rockfella

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
One should always sign in or create one gmail account in android. This is the biggest advantage of android. You never loose your contacts and even wi-fi password. I can reset my G in my office wifi using my gmail and it even connects to the wifi network (password saved in google servers) and does a full resent with all third party apps and contacts within 15 mins. Obviously you need to grant google required permissions to save passwords.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
One should always sign in or create one gmail account in android. This is the biggest advantage of android. You never loose your contacts and even wi-fi password. I can reset my G in my office wifi using my gmail and it even connects to the wifi network (password saved in google servers) and does a full resent with all third party apps and contacts within 15 mins. Obviously you need to grant google required permissions to save passwords.

How do you give Google permission to save passwords? Is that permission to save ALL of your passwords---including those used on your computer? If so, it seems like it would be a bit risky to do so if, for example, you do banking or use other confidential sites with your computer or phone. I wouldn't mind it remembering my wifi password, but don't want to give it carte blanche with all my passwords.

Rockfella

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It saves wi-fi passwords only, nothing like your account password. If you reset your phone it will ask you to enter your gmail password anyway. You can switch on data back up on google photos (15 Gbs free) and post reset you'll find everything backed up in google photos ;) Nothing is ever lost unless not backed up on android ;)
How do you give Google permission to save passwords? Is that permission to save ALL of your passwords---including those used on your computer? If so, it seems like it would be a bit risky to do so if, for example, you do banking or use other confidential sites with your computer or phone. I wouldn't mind it remembering my wifi password, but don't want to give it carte blanche with all my passwords.

dsb0512

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue with mine, I ended up going to my google account and restore my contacts from a previous date, some of which I would have thought were there but weren't, I had to add back a lot of them. fortunately I had another phone I setup all the same contacts so the ones I was missing I was able to get off of that phone....

Tim L2

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Worked for me:

Go to Contacts > Settings > Contacts > Contacts To Display and select either Customize List or appropriate email account.

Thanks!

vittorio.dalbosco

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
hi,
I have the same problem with my nexus 6. it worked super fin witsh lollipop 5.1.1.
then I broke the screen glass. it went to tech support so I passed to a nexus 5 lollipop 5.1.1 that worked fine too.
Yesterday I got back my nexus, I acrivated it and re-linked all my accounts, exchange online office 365, too.
DISASTER! no contacts from that account. contacts that I can see from outlook and from web access.

after some fabric reset --hours and hours spent doing it-- and after doing all what you suggest, I find only the following strange "solution":
I discovered that if I update/modify my contacts form my PC, using outlook or web access, I see that contacts on the phone, again.
...I think I'll must modify all my 1400 contacts... oh my god.
any other soluzion?

thanks
v

vittorio.dalbosco

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
hi,
I have the same problem with my nexus 6. it worked super fin witsh lollipop 5.1.1.
then I broke the screen glass. it went to tech support so I passed to a nexus 5 lollipop 5.1.1 that worked fine too.
Yesterday I got back my nexus, I acrivated it and re-linked all my accounts, exchange online office 365, too.
DISASTER! no contacts from that account. contacts that I can see from outlook and from web access.

after some fabric reset --hours and hours spent doing it-- and after doing all what you suggest, I find only the following strange "solution":
I discovered that if I update/modify my contacts form my PC, using outlook or web access, I see that contacts on the phone, again.
...I think I'll must modify all my 1400 contacts... oh my god.
any other soluzion?

thanks
v

NEWS: i followed this steps
1. created a new concats folder in outlook
2. select all > moved all my contacts there
3. waited that all has been sync on the cloud
4. then, select all > moved all my contacts in the original place, contacts folder
5. waited that all has been sync on the cloud
6. waited that my phone finished to sync

it worked!
in practice, in this way my phone saw all contacts as new contacts.

hoe that it will be useful for some of you
bye

Wes Winn

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't mean to be the first time poster to bring up a dead thread, but this took me forever to figure out and I wanted to share a solution I haven't seen.

My HTC One M9 did this after I sent a text, boom, all contacts gone. Tried everything all the way to hard resetting. Turns out, my phone managed to actually *delete* all of my google contacts! Crazy right?

Solution:
Go to Gmail and click "Gmail" dropdown on top left, and select contacts.
In Contacts, go "More" and "Restore Contacts"
Restore back to just before the issue occurred (for me 1 day was fine)
All my contacts appeared (yay!)
Go to device and go into Contacts (or People in the M9)
Go to Account Settings, and you should see "Accounts & Sync" or something
Click the overflow (3 dots on top right) and click "Sync Now"
This will take a minute or two and then voila! Contacts restored.

Hope this helps someone!

Hari Prasad10

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Same exact problem also on my Nexus 5. I purchased new phone 4 months back. Till now more than 50 contact got deleted. Not sure how it is happening. I checked with friend, he also facing same issue.
Once contact got deleted, I have to search via number. That time will show contact, but inside the contact contains will empty. It showing for add new contact. Please provide resolution for this.

NicolaBB

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Problems here too, bought a new Android phone, Lollipop, set to display ALL contacts, some are missing from the new phone, and some are on both phones but on the new one they lack some part, e.g. I only have the mobile number where I also (really) need the home number and address.

I _do_ have a backup but in the past already found myself under checkmate: 1) the app I used was also loosing contacts, so I could not avoid using the google sync feature; 2) restoring from backup (e.g. after a factory reset) in order to also have the contacts lost by google sync was giving me me twice (or more times) the contacts which were not lost by google sync, the backup/restore app was not recognizing doubles and thus not merging.

As probably all of us, I have a whole lot of things to do (more or less interesting and more or less important/vital), I will not be able to investigate further for now and will not be able to sit down and stay cross checking through the whole lot of contacts I stored during various years, so I'll probably end up keeping two phones with me, at least for a while.

I see this thread as been on for quite some time, so there doesn't seem to be any will to fix this issue with the urgence it deserves.

For the future, apart considering a not-Android phone (not Apple either), I'd probably stay on this line: investigate to find out a *good* app to store contacts backup (I mean better/smarter than the one I was using and which does not loose any contact), and if none is smart enough to recognize and merge doubles then I'll opt to *not* let Google sync any contacts, at least I'd have a clean situation on which operate backup/restore, with no mess incoming from the cloud because of badly implemented critical tasks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37