Why aren't Heads-Up notifications displaying on the current app?

ThmMrn

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Heads-Up notifications not displaying on the current app

Hello everybody,

I have stock Android 5.0 on my Nexus 5.
When someone is calling me, I have a "heads-up" notification on my current app screen. No problem.
But for SMS, hangout or other notification, I just have an icon in my notification bar, and the heads-up notification is not displaying... I tried on an other Nexus 5 phone with Lollipop installed, and this phones displays well heads-up notifications (Gmail of example).

I'm using Light Flow to manage my notifications, and Nova Launcher. I disabled both of them but the problem still remain...

Do you have the same problem ? Or what would you advise me to do ?

Thanks

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Heads-Up notifications not displaying on the current app

Hello everybody,

I have stock Android 5.0 on my Nexus 5.
When someone is calling me, I have a "heads-up" notification on my current app screen. No problem.
But for SMS, hangout or other notification, I just have an icon in my notification bar, and the heads-up notification is not displaying... I tried on an other Nexus 5 phone with Lollipop installed, and this phones displays well heads-up notifications (Gmail of example).

I'm using Light Flow to manage my notifications, and Nova Launcher. I disabled both of them but the problem still remain...

Do you have the same problem ? Or what would you advise me to do ?

Thanks

I use nova and the Pop up Display is working, so that is not the problem. I think lollipop may be to new for people to have a real suggestion. My only advice would be a clean install. Have you rebooted the phone?

ThmMrn

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks mattopotamus for your answer !

I updated my phone from Kitkat to Lollipop with the OTA zip file and adb.
If a clean installation is required, what would be better ? Reset the device (Settings>factory reset) or flash a complete Lollipop stock zip ?

Thanks

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks mattopotamus for your answer !

I updated my phone from Kitkat to Lollipop with the OTA zip file and adb.
If a clean installation is required, what would be better ? Reset the device (Settings>factory reset) or flash a complete Lollipop stock zip ?

Thanks

I guess the easier solution is to try the settings factory reset first. If that does not work try flashing it. I really think a restore will solve your problem though.

ThmMrn

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

I found the reason why I don't have heads-up notifications :

Android issue : #79464 (see code[dot]google[dot]com)
According to the documentation: "If a notification's priority is flagged as High, Max, or full-screen, it gets a heads-up notification."

But it also requires DEFAULT_VIBRATE to be set.

I enabled vibration in Hangouts notification settings and it works... So if it's an issue, we can't set a 2-time vibration with an other app ( like LightFlow) or disable vibration when we receive an email without losing heads-up notification functionality...

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

I found the reason why I don't have heads-up notifications :

Android issue : #79464 (see code[dot]google[dot]com)
According to the documentation: "If a notification's priority is flagged as High, Max, or full-screen, it gets a heads-up notification."

But it also requires DEFAULT_VIBRATE to be set.

I enabled vibration in Hangouts notification settings and it works... So if it's an issue, we can't set a 2-time vibration with an other app ( like LightFlow) or disable vibration when we receive an email without losing heads-up notification functionality...

Are you saying you shouldn't get heads-up notifications from Hangouts if you set it to not vibrate? That's not what I see. I have vibrate off in Hangouts, but I still see its heads-up notifications while I run another app on the device. Or am I misunderstanding your post?

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Are you saying you shouldn't get heads-up notifications from Hangouts if you set it to not vibrate? That's not what I see. I have vibrate off in Hangouts, but I still see its heads-up notifications while I run another app on the device. Or am I misunderstanding your post?

Likewise. I have vibrate off in all of my apps and still get the pop up notification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance